PDA

View Full Version : SLOWLY making progress

Chiappone
05-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Just wanted to update, Lime is getting just the littlest bit better about having me near him. I think his boredom while Tequila's in the nest all day is making him take some chances he wouldn't before. He still won't willingly come up to me, but when I change the food or water (he now knows that chirping loudly in the morning, will eventually get me up to check and refill their bowl in the morning) but he now will wait patiently on the perch in front of the food dish and then hop right on to start eating, once the cage is closed again, instead of going to the back opposite side as soon as I even look at the cage. He even will start coming a little closer to the front of the cage when I go up there and talk to him! Just the past week or so has he started this, I'm thrilled. Now hopefully when Tequila's done with her eggs, she'll pick up from him that I'm not so bad after all. :clap:

Jessica
05-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Congratulations! I bet it takes lots of work to tame birds that have a nest. Not the easiest of times to let their guard down and accept what they think could be a predator. Sounds like patience and love is working at your house.