PDA

View Full Version : Getting "him" sexed!!!

Ducky
05-03-2007, 12:56 PM
I did it! Last night (when I was supposed to be studying :whistle: ) I finally got the nerve to pluck a few feathers to get Widgie sexed! He was noooot happy! Course then I bribed him with lots of millet and a few head skritches and he was ok again. :happy:

So now I have to wait! I sent the samples in to Health Gene (http://healthgene.com/avian/dna_sexing.asp) because they were the cheapest for feather sexing. They have the same price for any type of DNA sexing, and I didn't have the nerve to cut a nail short!:omg: They're based out of Canada so I'll have to wait a couple extra days I suppose. I'm so impatient!:D

Jessica
05-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I hated pulling feathers for Celestino's test but he seem to take it better than I did. We sent ours priority because I didn't want to wait the days it would have taken across country. Once the sample was at the lab they processed it really quickly. We didn't use the same one as you did so I hope your results come as quickly.

Ducky
05-12-2007, 07:47 AM
And the results say..... It's a GIRL!!!! :omg: Yep, I now will have to deal with a nesty hen. Probably would have figured it out eventually anyway. :rolleyes: I'm so excited! I just have to get used to calling "him" her! :happy: :rofl: