PDA

View Full Version : Great news re Pets at Home.

cassysmiley
05-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I had heard Rumours from a realibale source , a few weeks back, that Pets at Home, (Used to be Petsmart,which is still owned by them.) ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED TO SELL BIRDS.!!!.
Our council and R.S.P.C.A Revoked their licence to keep Birds, as the staff were so clueless about trying to look after them.
This is not the 1st time they been hauled over the coals re their animals.
They were told to Shut down all Fish tanks and get a proper system in. They have done, but still find dead fish in almost every tank. but least tanks lot cleaner now.
Some older members from the previous board may recall i had rescued lot of my last Lovies from Pets at home, when there were about 40 lovies house in a tiny cage. (only 2 i bought from a reptuable dealer was cheeky chappie and a seagreen.) So am over the moon they are no longer allowed to sell birds, many times i have gone in there and other stores, and found birds in appalling state ect. Told 1 kiddie that a canary that was sat on the floor all huddle up, this bird was ill, he said no its in amoult, told him in certain terms a canary does not sit on floor huddled up in a corner with feathers all fluffed up and looking sickly, told point him blank that was not a moult. I went and got the manager in end , and he agreed with me that bird was sick. what ever happened to that bird i will never know.
So i am pleased, they have now had their Licence revoked.
Oh and i do know they are being watched now on how they well they keeping the other animals, i.e. rabbits, g/pigs, hamsters, and rats.
Wish more stores be like this.
Cassy. (who is so pleased no more birds will suffer.)

BarbieH
05-11-2007, 09:50 AM
That's very good news Cassy! I love it when the system works in favor of animals. That's a rare thing indeed.

saxypanda
05-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Thats Great!! I always feel for those poor babies :(

linda040899
05-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Three cheers, Cassy!!!
All life has value! I'm very glad to hear that Pets at Home is no longer licensed to inflict any more abuse and that they are being watched!

Ilovelovies
05-11-2007, 10:39 AM
That is indeed very good news! I just wish it was required of every store that sells animals. The local pet store we have, which is owned by a local couple is appaling>: . They have been open about 3 months now and iv'e stopped in several times to check their birds out. They have 4 lovebirds, 2 each in very small cages, one perch, no toys in any of their cages>: . 2 of the lovebirds have been there 2 months i know of and i can tell a change in them from when they first got them. It's like their spirit is broken, all they do is sit there, day in and day out with nothing to look forward to.:cry: . I wish i could rescue them, but i know i can't rescue them all. I let the owners know the least they could do would be to at least put one little toy in for them, and she told me they were perfectly happy with each other>: . I'm praying they get whats coming to them as they have very little buisness.

Sharon

mjm8321
05-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Heather, not sure if this is helpful or not but i found these online retailers for you.

http://www.dietecuk.com/ and this which has a huge listing http://dmoz.org/Regional/Europe/United_Kingdom/Business_and_Economy/Shopping/Pets/

I'm glad to hear they are no longer allowed to sell birds.