PDA

View Full Version : Parrot abuse awareness video

Elle
05-13-2007, 04:51 PM
This is a clip that will bring tears to your eyes. It is a video about awareness of parrot abuse arounds the world. Please be advise it is about abused and neglected parrots. It can be graphic. I hope no one is offended by this. It is very real in some part of the world.

Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAwasmUSgC4)

Bomom
05-13-2007, 05:47 PM
:cry:

linda040899
05-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Thank you for sharing this, Elle. :cry: :cry: :cry:
This goes on on a daily basis all over the world, including here in the U.S., and the abuse touches all living things, in addition to parrots.

After I viewed the video, I stopped for a minute and looked at my own parrots. Wish I had room for more. :cry:

LauraO
05-13-2007, 05:58 PM
It was sad but very well done:cry: .

Susan27
05-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Thank you for sharing this video. Like Linda, I looked a my birdies and wished I could take in all the birds that are mistreated! Makes you love your birds even more when you see mistreatment, it hurts your heart to see innocent animals....

Z28Taxman
05-13-2007, 07:21 PM
I only made it half way through, had to shut it off. >:

Anjamau79
05-14-2007, 08:37 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: Makes my heart ache :cry: :cry: :cry: Why can't everybody on this planet have a bigger place for animals in their heart?

Janie
05-14-2007, 12:48 PM
I want to see it but I just can't watcj.....I know it would be too upsetting for me and I guess all I can do is take good care of mine and send a check every month for the one I adopted.

wilkiecoco
05-14-2007, 03:21 PM
from the way you guys are talking about it, i won't even watch it. i would be sick at heart. just knowing the abuse that goes on, never mind seeing it, breaks my heart. how can people abuse innocent creatures???? :cry: :cry: :cry:

i need to go hug and kiss kiwi now.

LauraO
05-14-2007, 04:01 PM
While the video is sad, I really urge everyone to watch it. It's really well done and has some great shots of parrots in their natural habitat.

As for humans, we truly are everything that's wrong with the universe. We treat animals, our planet, and our humans in unmentioneable ways and claim rightousness. We are not benevolent beings by nature and it's obvious everywhere you look:confused: .

Jamba58
05-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Immediately after watching this I went and played with Jamba. Its scary to think that any of our birds could have been abused if another owner had taken them. I'm going to put some serious thought into adopting another bird.

Janie
05-14-2007, 05:14 PM
While the video is sad, I really urge everyone to watch it. It's really well done and has some great shots of parrots in their natural habitat.

As for humans, we truly are everything that's wrong with the universe. We treat animals, our planet, and our humans in unmentioneable ways and claim rightousness. We are not benevolent beings by nature and it's obvious everywhere you look:confused: .

OK, I tried and made it though about 2 minutes. Seeing them in their natural habitat is glorious but seeing those birds in filthy cages, all in the name of importing for a buck, makes me sick. I know that I own caged birds, born in captivity and I know they will probably live much longer in my care than they would have if born in Africa but there are times I'd give anything if I could open the door and let them be free. Dogs and cats are also treated like garbage by some puppy mill organizations but OMG, birds seem to get the very worst treatment of all. These import/export people have no conscience. Many of the breeders I see at bird fairs are no better. I will try to finish the clip but I'm not sure if I can stomach it. :(:(:(

Z28Taxman
05-14-2007, 05:18 PM
I saw a documentary about migrating birds on tv recently. There was one scene from the amazon where they showed a small boat with a bunch of cages on it. They zoomed in and you could see monkeys in most of them but one cage in the center of the stack had a Hiacynth Macaw in it. They zoomed in on the Hiacyinth cage just in time to see him examine the latch, open it, push the door open and climb on top of the cage. He seemed to look back at the guy in the back of the boat operating the motor, as if to laugh at him. Then he flew off into the trees!

Janie
05-14-2007, 05:23 PM
I saw a documentary about migrating birds on tv recently. There was one scene from the amazon where they showed a small boat with a bunch of cages on it. They zoomed in and you could see monkeys in most of them but one cage in the center of the stack had a Hiacynth Macaw in it. They zoomed in on the Hiacyinth cage just in time to see him examine the latch, open it, push the door open and climb on top of the cage. He seemed to look back at the guy in the back of the boat operating the motor, as if to laugh at him. Then he flew off into the trees!

Dave, I saw that a while back and LMAO!!!!!

Elle
05-14-2007, 05:47 PM

It's called winged migration. I have the dvd. Dave, I'm sorry to say but the Macaw you saw was a tamed Macaw. A lot of the birds you see in that movie, according to some reviews, are birds that have been rescued and nurtured by humans. In my opinion, it does not remove ANY of the beauty of that documentary. These birds still had to do the migration and that in itself is very humbling.
:2cents:

Z28Taxman
05-14-2007, 05:49 PM
It's called winged migration. I have the dvd. Dave, I'm sorry to say but the Macaw you saw was a tamed Macaw. A lot of the birds you see in that movie, according to some reviews, are birds that have been rescued and nurtured by humans. In my opinion, it does not remove ANY of the beauty of that documentary. These birds still had to do the migration and that in itself is very humbling.
:2cents:

I figured that was either staged or one lucky photographer. Still a great shot.:happy:

saxypanda
05-14-2007, 08:00 PM
It hurts me to see that. I watched it last night and then later that night I went onto craigs list and I found a lovie. The pic they sent me was sad! The poor baby only had one toy in this big ol cage and she told me the bird is not tame but it will come up to you when you walk up to the cage. She also told me that they never take the bird out of the cage so she doesn't know how friendly he/she really is...I feel I have to take in this bird...give it a chance to have a good life.

Finnysmommie
05-15-2007, 03:01 PM
What a heartbreaking video. I was amazed at the parrots in the wild it was just beautiful and heartlifting. But then all the abuse and neglect made me cry. I dont remember whos profile says this but people should always remember that we are always responsible for what we have tamed.

I have to go hug my babies now. I cant help every animal in need (but god knows I would if I could) but I can give all my love, attention and care to the ones I have tamed. In fact I am gunna give them extra kisses just to let them know they will never see the likes of what is in that video!

Cindy