PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do!

citygrlup
05-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Chloe is adorable and I really do love the little bugger. I Know that they churp in the am and in the afternoon...But here is my problem. I work midnights and lately (last week) she Churps, clucks, screams, sings, tries to rip the cage doors off, squltches, Chearleads, cries, wistles...you name it she does it ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAAAAYYYYYY. I have been falling asleep at work cause I get no sleep while she is in her happy mood. :evil: I even cover the cage and she still does it after about an hr.
Today I tried sleeping on the couch and let her out...that was no good. she was still talking and answering herself, and I jumped everytime I heard her little wings going.(out of fear where/what she was doing.)

I invisioned stuffing a sock in her beek, putting the cage outside, in the closet, a babysitter, make her watch steal magnolias (when the husband tried to take care of the birds in the tree), even wondered if they taste like chicken. But these are all throughts of abuse and couldnt do any of these of course... :roll: Of all weeks for her to start this! As if retaining water like the eighth wonder of the world isnt enough! :x

Would it be wrong if I tried to get her on my schedule? leave the light on at night and TV and then put her in the dark bedroom w me when I get home to sleep?

Gooodness, please any advise or suggestions please dont be bashful! I am exaused and in love with her. im looking at her cuddling up with her swing and shes such an angel when shes not acting like a FLIPPING! FOG! HORN! :x

Hopefully this schedule will change in a couple of month...but not a garentee.

Jamba58
05-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Hmm... She's probably just reacting like this because she isn't getting the attention she used to, and she is screaming to try to get you to play with her. Not too much you can do in this situation other than giving her the attention she wants, or giving her some new toys to occupy her.

citygrlup
05-14-2007, 04:25 PM
As she has been getting used to coming out of her cage and being around me more. I have been letting her out a lot more lately actually. I started letting her out for an hr or 2 when I get home in the AM and then putting her back in. Maybe thats whats ticking her off. She comes right out when I wake up too.

I will be heading to the pet store to try new toys! That is a great idea. Might swing by CVS and get some ear plugs too lol. I thought of that after I reread my post...so simple huh?