PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Baldilocks the chick and the girls.

cassysmiley
05-15-2007, 11:14 AM
I have not been neglecting any of the other birds, but i have been really been pre-occupied with Miss Lemon and of course Tori my Ragdoll cat who at mo still not well. Slowly working out what foods are upsetting his tummy. I still find time (where i find it i dont know.) to interact with the girls and Legs. But legs not 1 of those birds at mo to be pampered or messed about with, altho when my Birman Jumps on cage, that cheers him up no end as he got a crafty way of biting his paws, he sits in his cosy, waits, then nips Leo`s paws, then hides back into his cosy tent. then goes the other way and nips leos back paws. :rofl: Am sure he grins when he does this.
Anyway i have uploaded some pictures of the Poor Baldilocs the 21 day old chick and of course the girls with their new play Gym that came this morning,
they love it. Hope you enjoy them.
Cassy.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2092142272

mjm8321
05-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Awww Cassy, besides being bald, the chick looks wonderful; obviously being fed very well as it's a large chick for 21 days.

The girls look like they have great place to play. My hens love to beat up those little footy balls too. :lol

wilkiecoco
05-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Despite the lack of feathers, that chick is adorable. I must be a softie for bald things, as my husband is completely bald and I think he is so handsome. Miss Baldilocks looks like she is well fed, and thriving, despite the unique hairstyle. :happy: :happy: Way to go Cassy, and thanks for sharing the pics.

Bella
05-16-2007, 04:23 AM
What a chunky little chick. It looks so pathetic, all bald with stubby tail feathers.

Are those head feathers yellow, or is it a trick of the light?

linda040899
05-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Cute little one, Cassy!
Miss Lemon is overpreening and feathers are gone, but the chick looks very good! From what I can see, it's an American Cinnamon Green and is a female, if Miss Lemon isn't a visual cinnamon. :)

cassysmiley
05-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Cute little one, Cassy!
Miss Lemon is overpreening and feathers are gone, but the chick looks very good! From what I can see, it's an American Cinnamon Green and is a female, if Miss Lemon isn't a visual cinnamon. :)

Here is the link to what Miss Lemon looks like in her nest box, its photo number 10..

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2094006001

Bella.
Chicks head is Yellowy Green. maybe the flash of the camera brought the yellow more than the green.

mjm8321
05-16-2007, 12:11 PM
I thought the head looked yellowy as well, but figured it was the flash also. The baby beak coloring looks to be brown though, which would go with being a cinnamon rather than a standard green peachy.

cassysmiley
05-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Well Miss lemon not been playing away, she still with Poriot hubby. lol. will just have to see what colour it turns out when its older. yes top of beak is brown. If the colours are not like that of mum and dad, could it be a throw back of previous genes?

mjm8321
05-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Cassy, if she is a cinnamon, it means that Poirot is split for cinnamon, carried down from his mother as it is a sex linked mutation. It also means that any males produced will have a 50% change of being split for cinnamon also.

Can't wait to see her when she is a bit older (and less balder) :lol