PDA

View Full Version : Miss Lemon as been pulled.

cassysmiley
05-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Been taking chick out evryday for our hour of interaction,
Yesterday i took chick out, Miss Lemon as now given Baldilocks a hair cut. :(
Dad is already feeding chick anyway, so today i have pulled her and she now in my bedroom in a hossie cage, she none to happy, but tough, she was ready to go back into nesting mode, so now i have stopped her in her tracks.
Hopefully now, we will get to see what Baldilocks feathers are going to be like.

After chick is eating on its own, Miss Lemon and Hubby will be moved into my black masked fids cage (lot smaller.) and my pair of black mask fid will be put into their cage lot bigger, i am hoping this will give Sage the incentive to err learn how to mate with Honey, Poor Honey keeps hinting but he`s still not got a clue.
I will give it a few days and post some photos of Baldilocks when new feathers come through. Miss Lemon not happy at mo, but she soon settle down. Hubby not bothered where she is, unlike before when he panicked.
keep you all updated as soon as i can.
cassy.

BarbieH
05-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Hi Cassy;

I can imagine that Miss Lemon is none too happy. Can you put Hubby in with her for short times when he's not busy with the chicks? She also might do better if she can see them all -- it's hard to tell, but might be worth it.

I had to pull Betty from Bosco and the boys when they were weaning. She didn't seem to mind that much; not as much as Bosco did. But she could always see where they were. She also got visitation from Bosco a couple of times a day.

Best wishes,

cassysmiley
05-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Barb.last i tried this, he went berserk and so did she. it was cos they could see each other.
Since i now got her in my bedroom, Hubby is feeding chick and Miss Lemon as now setled down. Poirot is not really missing her now to pre-occupied for a ever hungry mouth. lol.

BarbieH
05-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks Cassy, that's good to know. They each have the own preferences, that's for sure! :)