PDA

View Full Version : question

erenia0324
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
hi, this is my first post. well i have an aviary with 20 lovebirds, i was giving today two parakeet (the one with the long tail) the lady thought they were lovebirds, any ways i really wanted to find out if i can put them with my lovebirds, i don't have a big cage to keep them and i feel they are tight in the small one they are in now.:)

LauraO
06-25-2007, 06:39 PM
I would not introduce the parakeets to the lovebirds. I have about the same number of lovebirds and they torment the parakeets I have if given half a chance. I stil let the parakeets out but they have a big cage of their own they spend a lot of time in. If you're set on putting them together please keep careful eye and make sure they are fully flighted so they can escape the lovebirds.

Janie
06-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi and welcome. I agree with Laura and while I don't have budgies, I've read here and in bird publications that they should not be housed with lovebirds. I am sure there are exceptions to them getting along but for the most part, it's not a good mix.

erenia0324
06-25-2007, 06:51 PM
thanks.i was thinking of putting the small cage inside the aviary and see how they behave.

linda040899
06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Budgies should be housed separately from lovebirds. While Budgies are smaller, they have an attitude the size of a Hyacinth Macaw! They think they are invincible! If they were to challenge a lovebird, serious injury or death could easily be the result. If there's a way to section off part of the aviary so that the budgies could have their own space, that might work.

Mummieeva
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
I had lovebirds and budgies and I would never house them with lovebirds. Even in a small cage inside a big one is a no. They can still nip each other. My lovebirds and budgies were not even allowed outside cage time together but once. The second I saw there was trouble they went back in. I never tried again. To me just seems like to much or a issue since both lovebirds and budgies think they are 20 feet tall and bullet-proof.

Steph

erenia0324
06-26-2007, 08:08 AM
thank you all for the repplys.