PDA

View Full Version : New habit

Flapjack
07-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Jack never ceases to amaze me with his antics and funny behaviors. From the way he bathes, to talking to my husband, to trying to show the 75 lb dog who's really the boss.
His latest is his obsession over keeping his cage clean. He hates when things are out of order, like making sure his swings and toys are facing the right direction, and keeping his ball in just the right corner. His seed cup is about 5 inches away from his pellet cup, but every morning I find the pellet cup filled with seed husks and hulls. It's usually the big black or white ones. Almost like he's taking them to the "trash" after he eats them.
Too funny. I knew when I got him that I would care for him, and love him like any other pet. I didn't realize I would fall so completely in love with him like I have. My dog is just like my little girl, and now that my sons are 12 and almost 17, I have a new little boy, too. I've been kicking around the idea of getting Flapjack a friend, but I'm a little worried that I wouldn't have enough time to give everyone the attention they deserve. My brother-in-law has new chicks, though, and I feel myself getting the baby fever. Uh-oh

shylevon
07-01-2007, 11:53 PM
They each have their own little tricks for winning us over.

One of my birds does a somesault into her dish every day and lies in there wiggling her feet in the air. Ya gotta love em.

BarbieH
07-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Jeni's been bitten by the lovebird bug. :D Isn't it amazing how we can become completely smitten by 40-50 grams of feathers! They have powerful personalities -- Jack certainly does!

It's good that you are considering *your* time in the decision of whether or not to get Jack a friend. There are no guarantees that Jack and a new lovie would get along, in which case they would each need their daily TLC (plus the extra cage to clean). It's a very wise consideration.

BarbieH
07-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Shy, which of your adorable birds does that?

shylevon
07-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Nereus. She took to doing it after the cantilope bath, and I can't get her to stop. It actually scares the crap out of me some days, because she looks like she is stuck in there and I rush over to rescue her only to get a bitten finger.
Perhaps that is just her lure to get the bloodletting started.

michael
07-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Wow! Instead of a venus fly trap, She's a Nereus finger trap! :D ...Michael and Goofy