PDA

View Full Version : So LOUD

CaptMicha
07-10-2007, 06:47 AM
Is it actually possible for my lovebirds to be louder than others? I mean in volume. I'm not just complaining, I'm completely serious. I've never met a lovebird as loud as mine. I don't even mean the constant noise, just the level of loudness.

They're as loud as some macaws I've seen at a bird breeder's. Seriously.

They're peach faced lovebirds. I keep reading that they're noisy but not as loud as the larger birds. Are yours???????

iluvmyluvbird123
07-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh gosh don't even get me started my lovebird (peachface) Is SOOOOO loud. I have a headache everyday. This is kind of funny I was getting ready to post a thread about the same thing.

BarbieH
07-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I've never compared mine to other types of parrots, but they can get extremely loud! I know mine have different voices among themselves; I can always tell Gracie's voice, and she is the biggest bird of the lot. Sammy' call is like a little pipe compared to hers. :D

Ilovelovies
07-10-2007, 12:18 PM
One of mine, namely Ms. Jiggy would probably give yours a run for the money :lol
If Ms. Jiggy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

~Sharon

CaptMicha
07-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Lol. I feel like waking them up when they're trying to nap!

They're making all kind of crazy noises right now. Raspy, twittering, hitting uneven pitches and making kissy noises.

BarbieH
07-10-2007, 12:50 PM
They're making all kind of crazy noises right now. Raspy, twittering, hitting uneven pitches and making kissy noises. I like that time of day. :) We call it tweetle-twortles, or crazy cuckoo clock. :lol

CaptMicha
07-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Lol. It's kind of soothing... Compared to the usual noise.

shylevon
07-10-2007, 07:33 PM
They ain't louder than mine.

And you can take that to the bank.

Susan27
07-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I have squawking wars in my bird room!! Woogie and Dayzee get angry with Chicken!! They scream at her to shut her beak!! Then they all start that high, short, long drawn out, bird call sound....like they are trying to prove "I'M AM THE LOUDEST"!!!! Almost like a birdie jack hammer!!

It's even worse when they aren't in their cages and stand right in front of each other.....stand as tall as they can.....and start that bird call/jack hammer fight!