PDA

View Full Version : For those of you thinking about getting a lovie or feathered friend

paulalindner25
07-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I think this is a great thing to read before deciding on purchasing a new bird:
:blush:
My life is likely to last 10 or more years. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you take me home.
Give me time to understand what you want from me.
Place your trust in me. It is crucial to my well-being.
Don't be angry with me for long, don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you.
Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
Remember before you hit me that I have a beak that could easily crush the bones of your hand, but I chose not to bite you.
Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food or I've been in my cage too long
Take care of me when I get old; you too will get old.
Go with me on the last journey. Never say "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember that I love you.

Janie
07-20-2007, 04:57 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Paula, that is soooo sweet and so true! If only we stopped to think about a roll reversal with our lovies. We have so many things going on, people to depend on and much to entertain us but they only have us, their human. I've tried to live by those rules with every single pet I've had in my life. Thanks for sharing that! :)

donna1064
07-20-2007, 06:53 PM
How beautiful.

All animals deserve this....and the love they give back in return is priceless. Just think if the WHOLE WORLD would strive for this ideal, and not just with animals, but with all people....:2cents:

thanks for sharing this!:)

Eliza
07-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Go with me on the last journey. Never say "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember that I love you.

I can't fully explain how being with my Toby (Netherland dwarf rabbit) and Kudzu (my first budgie) while they passed on helped me with the grieving process...

Thanks for sharing this.

wilkiecoco
07-21-2007, 06:47 PM
now that i have stopped crying and was able to finish reading this beautiful reading, i will go hug kiwi, my dog jackpot, our snake and ......well, i think i'll just send warm thoughts my fishies' way!! our pets are so helpless, dependant on us, the humans to treat them with care, compassion, love and responsibility. to behave any other way is incomprehensible.

thanks for sharing this paula. :)

LauraO
07-22-2007, 08:15 AM
I've read this several times. I believe it's the ten commandaments of parrot ownership or something similiar. I've actually been looking for a t-shirt with this own it cause it definately hits you in the heart and mind.

Thanks for sharing

michael
07-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Thank you very much for sharing Paula....:cry: :) .....Goofy and Michael

BarbieH
07-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Thank you Paula. :)