PDA

View Full Version : Dancing?

CaptMicha
07-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Do your lovebirds dance? I was watching some parrots dancing on Youtube and it was so cute so I thought I'd try to get Daisy and Clover to. I went through like every kind of music but they didn't seem to think anything about.

They're not very parroty... They don't act like larger parrots in smaller bodies like all the stuff I researched said b4 I bought them, but whatever! They're my babies!

dani
07-20-2007, 08:47 PM
I guess it varies by person, but i think lovebirds are very parroty, and i have two larger parrots! My Haku always surprises me, he thinks he's such a huge bird, he's into destroying things, swinging on things and investigating. He's also a really cute dancer. :D but each bird is different i suppose, so it all varies with the birdy personality! I'm sure they're super cute, dancing or not.

shylevon
07-21-2007, 02:02 PM
We had one member here who had a video of her birdie bopping to music and singing along, so to speak. Mine don't dance, but then again, I never play music in the house.

CaptMicha
07-22-2007, 03:22 AM
I would love to see that if that if anyone knows of the member's name.

linda040899
07-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Echo, my tame male Abby, does a dance each time he sees food! He isn't inspired by music but food sure has an effect!!!

Many of the videos you see of dancing birds are cute because it's something the birds do naturally. Some are affected by music, while others could care less!

BarbieH
07-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Dancing is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. :) Gracie does a real quick head band-and-forth move that could be called a dance. And they all occasionally do a little flippedy-floop dance that reminds me of Woodstock from the old Peanuts comics. When Sammy does it, we call it a rain dance. :):)

Ilovelovies
07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Doodle does a real funny head roll type of thing. It's funny cause he only does it when i put Bluegrass on for him. I have it on video, but since i'm on dialup, it takes forevvvver to upload. I call him the Boogie Woogie Doodle bird :lol .

They all do some real fancy footwork when they get wound up, chirping back and forth.

~Sharon

ittyandrita
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
ok, i am a massive fan of the lorikeet Robbie on youtube. he has an AWESOME dance. i cant watch it without cracking up. here are some links to him dancing, he's also got a ton of other great clips on there.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_CLcc7f_6I
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nrz772_us_8

mjm8321
07-24-2007, 02:08 PM
My lovebirds don't dance, unless it's a male mating dance (with all the clicking and head bobbing to go along with it). Now singing (chirping loudyly) when certain music on is a different story.

My macaw and Senegal are fantastic dancers though.

Buy A Paper Doll
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Mine don't dance. They do react to music, though, particularly Melody. If I play "Texas Flood" she stops dead in her tracks and turns her head like she's listening.

Buy A Paper Doll
07-24-2007, 08:22 PM
We had one member here who had a video of her birdie bopping to music and singing along, so to speak.

I remember seeing a video of Cappie (Lori's GCC) dancing to "Duke of Earl" ... 8)

dani
07-24-2007, 08:50 PM
there is nothing like an amazon dancing in the rain!! :D when we have those nice light, sunny rainshowers, I let Evie hang out on a tree and dance her heart out. she flashes and pins, whistles, calls 'mama' and has the time of her life. I swear, she is the cutest dancer ever. she also dances to music, and clucks along with the rythm. I should post a video of her dancing sometime...
Ammy the macaw will dance for anything :x including the washing machine, the car starting up, the dog barking and the sound of power tools. little haku seems to only do the 'happy dance' where he bops his head around and chirps alot.

donna1064
07-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Baby "headbangs" when I listen to metal music. Does that count? :rofl:

CaptMicha
07-28-2007, 09:03 AM
See, that's what I'm talking about with lovebirds. They don't act so parroty. That's so funny how your macaw will dance to the washing machine!