PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question

carrier
07-25-2007, 03:00 PM
OK, so here's a strange question...do lovebirds ever smell? :confused: I have noticed recently a mild odor around Fenway's cage. At first I thought is was because I needed to clean it, but even right after I have the odor returns. I clean her cage thoroughly on every 3rd day. She gets a spray-mist bath every other day, and sometimes she is down-right soaked afterwards, so I don't think it's because she's a dirty bird...;)

It's not a really noxious smell, and it doesn't make me think she's ill or that it should cause alarm, but it surprises me because for some reason I thought birds had no odors about them.

I'm just curious and wanted to see if anyone else has noticed any odors around thier lovies or thier cages....or is Fenway just a lil' stinker?:D

ittyandrita
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
all my birdies have their own little smell :)

Ilovelovies
07-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Iv'e never noticed an odor with my birds but they may be like people in that some have stronger body odor than others .

Are you sure it's the bird itself or might it be it's droppings. I know some illnesses can cause smelly droppings. Just a thought :)

~Sharon

Flapjack
07-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh boy- yes.... Jack does smell. I clean his cage all the time, and he bathes frequently, but he definitely has a body odor. Especially when wet. :x

Islandbirdies
07-25-2007, 07:33 PM
I think Lola smells kinda like a down pillow, that's the best discription I have for it, and after her bath she smells like a wet down pillow.

Buy A Paper Doll
07-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Not a silly question! Yes, my birds smell, and yes, it's perfectly normal.

When they're wet, the smell reminds me of wet dog. When they're outside (in the safety of their screened porch) they have a stronger smell than when they're in the house.

Maybe I'm wierd, but I just LOVE that birdy smell! I once tried to pick Milo up to sniff his round little belly but I ended up with a scaly little birdy toe up my nose.