PDA

View Full Version : Help me please anyone!

Gene
07-26-2007, 01:01 PM
OK, I know this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with lovebirds but I'm a bit desperate and I'm tired of searching through the threads. :x
I once saw, on someone's signature, a quote which said something about a woman who is not refined or unrefined but someone who keeps a parrot. I would really appreciate it if someone, anyone, could give me the complete quote and the "author". :confused:
I've really been searching high and low and couldn't find it, so I think that whoever it was, changed their signature...
For any help, thanks in advance!!! >o

ittyandrita
07-26-2007, 01:13 PM
She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what
you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a
parrot.
-- -Mark Twain in "Following the Equator", ch. 57, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's
New Calendar" (1897)

linda040899
07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
The reason your search is not coming up is because search does not look at custom signatures, and that's where this quote is most likely to be found. Mark Twain is the author but I can't quote it verbatim, even with as many times as I've seen the lines......

Janie
07-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Yes, Mark Twain and it's one of my favorite quotes! :D I can't for the life of me remember who the member was that used it but I think her birds name was Zazu.

Ilovelovies
07-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes, Mark Twain and it's one of my favorite quotes! :D I can't for the life of me remember who the member was that used it but I think her birds name was Zazu.

Her name is Rachel (Zlatushka) :lol

Janie
07-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Ahhhh, I didn't realize that Rachel was using that "signature" now. :D It was originally used by a member from several years ago (if Lori sees this, she will remember her name) but I'm pretty sure she had a lovie named Zazu. Zazu was a red bird....Red suffusion.

zlatushka
07-27-2007, 11:56 PM
yep... It's me!

and I did take it over when that other member didn't come back for so long.
loved the quote. :)

somebody had to parade it around!:rofl: