PDA

View Full Version : shopping for lovie toys!!!!!

wilkiecoco
07-29-2007, 02:46 PM
I saw a delightful selection of toys from Doctors Foster and Smith. I wanted to know if anyone from canada has bought from them, and if it was expensive to ship here. Is there anywhere else to get new and inventive small bird toys in Canada?

thanks! :)

indigo
07-29-2007, 02:59 PM
I have not ordered any toys (I make my own) but I have heard of people having good experiences with Drs Foster and Smith

romeoandjulietlovies06
07-29-2007, 03:19 PM
I did the live help chat that drs. foster and smith has on their website and the lady said
We would be happy to provide you with a shipping and handling quote for your International order within 24 hours. Please provide us with your full name, address, contact information (email and phone number) as well as a list of the items you wish to order. Please email us at customerservice@drsfostersmith.com with this information at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you soon. so maybe you could try this to know how much it would be.

Eliza
07-29-2007, 03:59 PM
I use the Drs. Foster & Smith catalog as a reference. I've found many of the toys that they recommend for small parrots locally (yes, I know -- I'm spoiled that way) and really feel that they offer a nice selection of products :)

Flapjack
07-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I just got a shipment from them the other day. The prices were excellent, the quality good, shipping speed earlier than expected, and I'm very pleased. Other than the things I make myself, I'll buy from them over the local stores here.
I'm sorry I don't know about Canada, but just my :2cents: about the company.

mcgr4680
07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
I have never used that company but I am looking for new toys for my lovies I live in a small farming community in Canada and the closest store is half an hour so I don't have much of a selection. So any advice on companies or stores that will ship toys and things would be greatly appreciated.

wilkiecoco
07-30-2007, 08:22 PM
thanks for the replies. miranda - I did get in touch with the international helpline, (thanks for the suggestion) and the shipping cost to canada depends on how much you order, and how fast you want to recieve the items. They have some fantastic toys, different from the stores i have seen online so far.

As all you lovie servants know, they are spoiled rotten and that's just the way we like it!!!! :rofl: :rofl: i'll let you know the cost when i actually order them tomorrow! :)

Eliza
07-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Here are two Canadian-based companies that may be of help to our Northern neighbors:

www.parrotdiseperch.com

www.avianbasics.com

wilkiecoco
07-30-2007, 09:26 PM
thanks Eliza! I'll check them out! :)

wilkiecoco
07-31-2007, 01:28 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for a 70$ order from foster and smith, shipping to canada is $79 - so that is not happening!! :omg: :omg: :(

on with my search for fun new toys for kiwi!! :)

Eliza
07-31-2007, 03:05 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for a 70$ order from foster and smith, shipping to canada is $79 - so that is not happening!! :omg: :omg: :(

OUCH indeed! You might want to check out Bird Paradise. They are located in NJ but I believe that they offer free shipping to Canada: www.mybirdstore.com.

Best of luck!