PDA

View Full Version : Can i just say

cassysmiley
08-02-2007, 11:04 AM
I heard the news about the Motorway Bridge collapsing very early this morning.
I am so sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to those who were killed and to their families.
Am hoping our forum users are safe.
Not more i can say really, just i am so sorry . Thinking of you all from across the pond.
love
cassy.

BarbieH
08-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Wasn't that shocking. I heard from my cousin, who lives in Edina Minn. and works in Minneapolis; she's okay, wasn't on the bridge, but everyone is in shock. The sister of someone she knows was on the bridge, and is okay. That seems a miracle, considering what happened.

linda040899
08-02-2007, 01:17 PM
As of about 2 hrs ago, this tragedy is now being considered a crime scene. Caught that as I went home to feed the babies and my daughter had the news on TV.

Unbelievable, just unbelievable!

BarbieH
08-02-2007, 01:32 PM
As of about 2 hrs ago, this tragedy is now being considered a crime scene. I heard that too. But I think it's because they don't want to rule anything out as of yet. I haven't seen or heard anything that would cause them to consider it a crime or terrorism. Some official said they don't want to rule anything out, or rule anything in.

There was road work going on. The bridge itself was given a poor stability rating in 2005. And a train passed underneath just before the bridge collapsed. People on the scene didn't hear anything like an explosion before it fell.

I'm thinking it might be criminal negligence of some kind, but like that official said, it's too early to tell.

mjm8321
08-02-2007, 02:12 PM
I was just reading that the train fell into the river as well. Full of polystyrene (sp?) pellets. The video of the bridge falling is just crazy to watch....it is surreal.
My boss's nephew had travelled that bridge everyday; twice a day; this week, except for yesterday. Bet his mother hugged him extra tight last night.

butterfly1061
08-02-2007, 02:46 PM
I first caught the story last night on CNN as I was flipping through channels. Saw several semi's and called my brother to find out what state he was in. Thank God he was in NY - whew!! He's been on that bridge several times. I'm so thankful he wasn't on it yesterday.

MJ, I saw that video too and it's just unbelievable!

My thoughts & prayers are with those affected by this tragedy. :(

Flapjack
08-04-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm originally from the Twin Cities and still have most of my family there. Many of us travel that bridge on a regular basis. So far, I haven't heard of anyone I know that was on the bridge at the time, but have not talked to everyone yet. I'm sure they're all ok. I think I would have heard by now.

Eliza
08-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Jeni,

I have some friends out in MN as well... Thankfully, I did hear back from all of them.

What a terrible tragedy :(

Susan27
08-05-2007, 01:16 PM
I am so sorry for anyone who has family, friends, in MN, this was/is definitely a tragedy.
I am about 8 hours away from there, and was planning on going there for a weekend. My dad was there, travelled that same bridge about a month ago.
I really hope this wasn't a crime, that just makes it all the worse.

michael
08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm with you Susan. The fact that this bridge had issues before hand opens the door to criminal negligence, but to think it might have been done on purpose by an outright criminal act carries little understanding. Surely we all will be paying for attorney fees and court costs to sort through the misunderstood provisions regarding bridge usage and safety, all the while having to grieve over lost loved ones. Absolutely terrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to these poor souls and their families............Michael and Goofy lovebird