PDA

View Full Version : my new pet chichi

tokameaki
08-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi everybody....this is tessie...I have a few questions...I just got chichi like 5 days ago...he is talking more now (not talking but making bird noises)....and he doesn't get scare of me or my boyfriend anymore every time we get near his cage...I have a mirror in the cage...he saw it a couple of time made some noises but then he doesn't care about the mirror...he loves his swing...he sleeps there....plays there...etc...he has a hunt...but he totally ignores it...he doesn't drink a lot of water but he does drink water...he didn't take a shower yet but he is always grooming himself...he ignores his toys don't know why...he is a scare of my hands when I change his water or seeds...I will be wait until he lets me pet him...he makes noises when I put this music that has birds noises in the background...and tonight I put this cd of belly dancing and he got crazy talking (bird noises)...everytime he makes loud noises I send him kisses and call him...like I always do...and he made noises like answering back at me...and he did that tonight too...and at the same time he shake his head like saying yes yes...he didn't seem mad...like when I use the blender...what does it means when ur lovebird shakes his head like saying yes yes?

Lankan
08-13-2007, 10:26 PM
He is simply shaking his for affection

Janie
08-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Mirrors are not recommended for lovebirds. Several members here have had them and then removed them when their lovebirds started to "fall in love" with their reflection. If you have a single lovebird, he/she might see the mirror as his mate and ignore human interaction.

Kirby
08-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Skittles does that too... bobs her head when we use the can opener or "ding" on our cereal bowls.

Your lovie, like Skittles, might have had a previous owner who had treats for the loves in a blender, can opener etc... and now they're thinking they are going to get a treat.

Who knows what goes on in their little heads. It would probably be very amusing