PDA

View Full Version : Marc Marrone got his birds stolen

ittyandrita
08-14-2007, 11:02 PM
http://wcbstv.com/local/local_story_226163141.html

I am however, a little pissed that it focuses on the cost of the birds not the welfare of them!!!

Marrone didn't seem to care either... but i'm biased i've heard a lot of bad things about the way he deals his birds (did you see the size of the cages?without hardly any toys?)

linda040899
08-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Sad thing about this is that the thieves will probably never be found, let alone prosecuted for the crime!

Florida has had its share of bird theft and you never hear of anyone doing jail time for it. Birds are considered property, thus the value of the property is the center of focus. :(

BarbieH
08-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Marone is a demi-celebrity, therefore his birds were targets. :( It's a shame they had to pay the price.

Eliza
08-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I've only ever heard good things about Marc Morrone. I spoke to him years ago about ferrets; he came across as very genuine and caring.

It's a shame this happened... Some of the parrot stores in my area will report the theft of an individual bird but never a complete inventory.

I hope that the parrots in question are recovered or at least make their way to caring homes...