PDA

View Full Version : bonding

tdl11
08-17-2007, 12:14 PM
I think my lovie is obsessed with my finches. He's a pretty good bird so far. I've had him almost a month and got him a week after he was weaned. I am not unhappy with him. I am just worried. He seems to spend every moment outside of his cage trying to get to the finches. I don't think he wants to hurt them - just play - but he is throwing himself off of things and I am afraid he is going to get hurt. He will sit in my hand and ride on my shoulder for a while. But always ends up trying to fly to the finches. Is this a bad thing for him? Is there anything I can do? Or should I just not worry about it? How can i strengthen my realtionship with him?

Also, every time I leave in the evening he is mad the next day and runs away from me and bites. He isn't alone when I am gone. My husband or babysitter and my children are here. It doesn't seem to bother him when I leave during the day. What is going on?

Thanks.
Tonya

shylevon
08-18-2007, 12:41 AM
I think your birdie is just looking for friendship for other creatures like himself. I would fear for the finches though if he got to them. I doubt that he is going to them to attack, but lovies can get aggressive very quickly, so I would not let them too close to each other.

I don't know why he is upset that you are leaving in the evening. Perhaps he is just settling in. Or, he wants to hear a little 'goodnight' from you before you go.