PDA

View Full Version : Buzzin'

eeyoresdad
08-19-2007, 07:22 AM
When I take Cookie around on my shoulder she has a tendency to chirp, squawk and fluff up. The thing is she also gets curious and once in a while pinches a tiny bit on my neck. This catches me off guard so I let out a
!yeow:omg: ! When she does this she lets out a small buzzy sound that sounds so awesome! It's the cutest sound that she ever makes. I haven't heard this from my other lovies so I'm just wondering if this little buzzing sound means anything in particular.
-eeyoresdad

BarbieH
08-19-2007, 12:40 PM
I would have to say that it means, "I'm bitin' your neck!" One of my birds is a tease like that. George has that bad habit. I'm not sure what he is trying to tell me, but I do keep a close look out for him on my neck now. If he's getting too close, or bringing his head up close, I move him before he can give me that annoying little nip.

Janie
08-19-2007, 12:44 PM
One of my three is a real neck nibbler (yes, it hurts!) and every time he nails me and I reprimand him, he always make the same squawk back to me. Kind of like a 2 year old kid when you tell him no! :D

shylevon
08-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Some birds are "Bug Whisperers".

I've heard of one lovebird that would see a spider on the wall, and begin to make a very odd clicking buzzing sound and the spider would inevitable come down off the wall and get closer and closer to the bird. Close enough to become a tasty spidey snack.

Perhaps your bird sees a mole on your neck and thinks it is a bug. Or maybe you just have a lot of spiders about your neck. Something to think about next time you are trying to get to sleep.