PDA

View Full Version : Happy Lovebird

lbohan
08-20-2007, 12:32 AM
When your lovebird is happy, what are her typical gestures?

One of our lovebirds, ducks her head down, almost tapping the ground
with her beak, and springs back up, often w/ a single "Yip!"
(I've seen other species do this, I suspect it's a common bird gesture)

An interesting twist, though, is she will also make this gesture, when
being scolded, talking back, as it were.

Mydoona
09-17-2007, 06:18 PM
my Keiko does a little clicky sound when shes happy.

Elle
09-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Phoebe does a move with her neck and she lets out a really weird chirp/ noise. Petie, well, he starts the clickety sound on either my husband or my son's shoulder. He never bothered doing with me. He really likes mens and I was warned about that.:lol

Kirby
09-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Kirby will get a flat head, his eyes will get SUPER round, he'll stand up really tall and give a mimic "CHIRP" and bob his head.
Or if he's in a really happy mood he'll do his airplane dance for me.

Skittles will get her floofer cheeks and start doing ring tones (yes like a phone)

Pips mom
09-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Pip is just generally always happy! so it's kind of hard to pick out what he does when he's happy! I think he mostly does those loud piercing chirps when he's happy because he does those in response to hearing other birds, and he just loves seeing and hearing other birds! when he's calmer and not in such a hyper mode, he will make that little grunting sound----he seems happy when he does that as well. I think one is the hyper, excited happy response, and one is the more relaxed one!
He also dances around in a circle when he sees himself in the mirror.

thebubbleking
09-18-2007, 01:30 AM
Boo will cluck sounds like a chuckle when real happy, scary thing is she does it when she gets in a realy good bite to!:roll:
Sunshine will fluff his cheek feathers out, stand up real tall and run in circles!
Gotta love the cutie lovies!;)

Kween
09-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Sushi doesn't act much different when she's happy. She'll normally just duck her head and push it up against whatever made her happy, rubbing it all around. She's also close her eyes slightly and grind her beak.

She also sometimes lets out a single loud "CHEEP!" when she's particularly having fun.