PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating....??

Christian
08-21-2007, 07:07 PM
So Estrella seems to vibrate when you pet him, and at first this bothered/worried me, but I was reading old threads and read that it is normal, and actually good...

Just wanted to make sure I am accurate on this info..He does A LOT of beak grinding..and I bought a book and figured out that was just a normal behavior also....Just want to make sure i am not crazy, and my baby is not sick!

Thanks!

linda040899
08-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Vibrating is a very, very good thing! Those of mine that love handling will often vibrate from sheer happiness. Beak grinding is usually heard when birds are content and going to sleep. It's another good thing! :)

Z28Taxman
08-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Yep. A vibrating lovie is like a purring kitten.

Ditto loves to snuggle up in the palm of my hand, bury his face in my fingers and vibrate and grind his beak until he falls asleep for a quick nap while we watch tv. :happy:

Kirby
08-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Kirby USED To vibrate...

But that changed when I got Skittles.... But he shows his affection in other ways like snuggling my neck or burying himself in my hair

Christian
08-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Well that's good that its a sign of affection! It was kind of worrying me, because EVERYONE that has visited me and petted my baby has noticed it and commented!
Thanks for the quick replies!!

dani
08-21-2007, 08:44 PM
I don't have any additional input, but just wanted to say congratulations on how great things are going with Estrella! Beautiful name by the way, I love how Spanish names sound:D
She is a stunning little bird. Give her lots of scritches from me and Haku.

Eliza
08-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Vibrating is a very, very good thing! Those of mine that love handling will often vibrate from sheer happiness.

So is it a good thing that Beetle "vibrates" while hanging out in his cage as I'm refilling water and such?

Z28Taxman
08-21-2007, 08:54 PM
If you put them up to your ear when the do it you can hear them too. Ditto is "purring" in my ear right now. :happy:

michael
08-21-2007, 09:30 PM
SHEW!....And here all this time I thought Goofy was getting ready to EXPLODE!...........:omg: ...........Goofy and Michael

Kirby
08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Skittles also vibrates when she's super angry... and that's usually when Im changing her water/food.

Flapjack
08-22-2007, 12:25 PM
;) Jack vibrates when he's feeling particularly amorous about a paper towel.

Kirby
08-22-2007, 12:48 PM
;) Jack vibrates when he's feeling particularly amorous about a paper towel.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Christian
08-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't have any additional input, but just wanted to say congratulations on how great things are going with Estrella! Beautiful name by the way, I love how Spanish names sound:D
She is a stunning little bird. Give her lots of scritches from me and Haku.

Thanks so much!! I will def give him scritches!! haha
I think the spanish thing comes in from my minor in spanish and the fact that I just got back from Spain...I'm a lil addicted! haha

mariusz621
08-22-2007, 01:18 PM
it is nice to see how succesful you are with your bird:wink:

Christian
08-22-2007, 01:25 PM
it is nice to see how succesful you are with your bird:wink:

Thanks! It has def took some work..I spend A LOT of time with him outside of the cage..and even when he's in his cage, singing away..I talk to him.