PDA

View Full Version : Progress!

jhessail1
08-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I don't get on this forum as often as I'd like, but since I don't have any friends or family that are into birds I just have to brag about my little twerp Aurora :lol

She has been very final in her decision that fingers are out to get her. Only because they are attached to my wrist does she tolerate them - she will hop onto the back of my hand or my wrist almost anytime I ask her to "hop on".

As soon as she's out of her cage she weasles her way up to my shoulder - if my hair is down, she'll make a nice little nest that's soo much fun to detangle later. If my hair is up, she tortures me endlessly by nibbling my ears and earrings. I think at first it was just curiousity. Now she knows when ever she gets near my ear I squirm and scream :rofl:

The high points for me yesterday were when I was on my computer at home and had her on her perch above me. She started doing that chirp, the one she starts up with as soon as I leave the house, so I stood up and she flew (well, fell/flew :) ) to my shoulder - apparently it's much more comfortable than manzanita? Also since she had her nails trimmed at the vet's office she doesn't have as good a grip as she used to. She slipped at one point and for a split second she had this look of "freeeeedom!!!" - but just a moment later she was hopping toward me. I put my wrist in front of her, told her to hop on, and she went straight for my shoulder.

My baby birdie likes me!! :happy:

wilkiecoco
08-23-2007, 01:22 PM
isn't it the absolute best!! Nothing like some lovie loving - you are now officially a member of the lovie addict forum!! :happy: :happy:

LauraO
08-23-2007, 02:25 PM
It sounds like you and Aurora are making great progress. She sounds like a cutie!
8) 8)

BarbieH
08-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Excellent! :D

I love how you call her a twerp. :lol It kind of sounds like chirp, but they really can be twerps.

michael
08-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Jhessail1....It wouldn't be surprizing if one day she comes up with the perfect lovebird hairdo :rotfl . Maybe we can call it the "Aurora nest". Great to hear she's warming up to you. Thanks for the update!........Michael and Goofy lovebird

Janie
08-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Congratulations! That is a very good report! :D