PDA

View Full Version : Sad

Mydoona
08-24-2007, 06:10 PM
:(
I give my baby Keiko all the attention in the world and who does she love?..My boyfriend who doesn't pay attention to her.She runs around the cage when he is around and follows him chirping at him.When she is out of the cage she fly on him and gives him kisses.Why not to me?:confused:

citygrlup
08-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Sounds like a crush to me :lol

Islandbirdies
08-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Was she handfed? If the breeder was a man and he handfed her then she could be drawn to you boyfriend for his maleness. If not, you got me, I'd be sad too.

ittyandrita
08-24-2007, 06:49 PM
She's playing mind games with you. Mine try to break down my self esteem all the time.
I swear they have a better understanding of the human psyche than we will ever have of the birdie psyche.

shylevon
08-24-2007, 07:01 PM
There might be something she likes about him, his smell or the tone of his voice. Perhaps it is because he ignores her that she wants to break him down.

dani
08-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Who knows what they see, but they sure are heartbreakers. After more than 2mths of rearranging my entire existence to suit Ammy, my boyfriend puts his hand in the cage, and Ammy proceeds to drop on his big ol' back in my bf's hand, and play dead. Then on that SAME DAY, Oki, who thinks I am the most frightening thing to ever walk the planet, lets my bf touch him on the head. Haku shows me only tentative affection, but is crazy about my brother, and likes to play 'catch' with his toys with him, and take food from his hands.
Who knows what attracts them!? :x
I am just glad that they are happy, and that they are learning to trust people.

Flapjack
08-25-2007, 08:41 AM
I posted this same thread when my Jack was a baby. I handfed him, clean his cage, give him toys and treats, etc. But my husband, who didn't even want him, and pretty much ignored him in the beginning, is his favorite human. I was crushed at first, but when my husband isn't home, I know Jack still loves me.

Mydoona
08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
I feel a little better now as everytime I talk to her i make little kissy noises and she has startedto mimic them..I was shocked at first and now it SO cute.