PDA

View Full Version : Lovie in love

Mydoona
08-24-2007, 11:34 PM
:happy: i got my lovebird one of those triangle 'happy hut' sleeping things cause they looked cute and put it in her cage and she loves it, she won't come out of it for very long..she comes out for a drink or food then straight back in there.
I got a small one,do you think she'll need a bigger one once she gets older?

dani
08-24-2007, 11:56 PM
i'm thinking of getting my Haku a happy hut (good luck for me finding one in trinidad, i know...:() so i'll be looking forward to seeing replies for this thread:D

linda040899
08-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Happy huts are good for sleeping, but I would not leave one in the cage with a known female 24/7! Happy huts are viewed as "nests" and will cause breeding behavior in hens.

Shy makes/sells cozies and pavillions. You may want to ask her if she could do one for you, dani.

dani
08-25-2007, 02:10 AM
I was thinking of doing just that, once I *ahem "assess my situation financially". ... nice way of saying when i'm not broke. I'm still suffering the after effects of Ammy's cage. :(

Janie
08-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Ah yes, Shy makes the best cozies in the world! My boys wouldn't sleep in a cozy that didn't come from Auntie Shy. :D

I have males and the two that sleep in cozies love them but I do take them out first thing in the a.m. so that they'll get a little exercise during the day. They are not, being males, territorial about their cozies but I still only offer them at bedtime. :)

BarbieH
08-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Shy's cozies really are the best. She makes them out of a very sturdy canvas-type material, with good heavy stitching and sturdy hanger straps. They beat anything from the store!

Janie
08-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Shy's cozies really are the best. She makes them out of a very sturdy canvas-type material, with good heavy stitching and sturdy hanger straps. They beat anything from the store!

We need to get that woman out of hiding and find out if she's still making cozies. :) She comes, she reads and she does post replies but it's in the middle of the night when she knows I can't catch her! :D

LauraO
08-25-2007, 11:47 AM
:happy: i got my lovebird one of those triangle 'happy hut' sleeping things cause they looked cute and put it in her cage and she loves it, she won't come out of it for very long..she comes out for a drink or food then straight back in there.
I got a small one,do you think she'll need a bigger one once she gets older?

Having a lovie in a cozy this long is not healthy. The best thing to do, which is how I do it, is to remove the cozy in the morning and return it at night. Your lovie should be spending as much time out of the cage and out of the hut as possible being social and having fun.
:)