PDA

View Full Version : I took my baby to work today.....

ladyscroller
08-26-2007, 06:41 PM
I work in a nursing home in the activity department so I took Binky to work with me today. (Her original name was indy when I intro'd her here a short time back but indy just didnt seem to fit her the more I got to know her)
She reminds me of blue and black ink... so I named her Binky. But anyways the residents just loved her they were amazed at her colors and also fascinated by all the toys she has to play with. I try to take one of the fids on one of my weekend days, I usually take turns with booger and babybird (parrotlets) Bobbie Half Moon conure and now Binky. What a joy it is to see a resident just beam because it is the first time they ever held a bird!!!!
Linda

dani
08-26-2007, 06:57 PM
i've always thought that birds are therapeutic, particularly parrots. Sometimes just watching them lifts your spirits, and interacting with them is even better!! :) Binky is obviously off to a great start with you, and seems to be doing wonderful. Binky is an adorable name, I've realized that you never can name them until you get a feel of their personality to see what 'fits'.

nmce612
08-26-2007, 07:40 PM
That is so cool. I have read that having those kinds of activities really does make a big difference for people in nursing homes. And I am sure Binky loved the attention. Binky is such a cute name!!

kimsbirds
08-26-2007, 08:40 PM
I have just sold 2 lovies to an assisted living center...their previous lovie passed away after 11 years and the residents were very upset.

Yes, birds can be so therapeutic...and I know these two babies will be loved and spoiled beyond all belief. The woman who runs the place is part of my daughter's riding barn, so I can get regular updates on their adjustment.

Its' nice that you have the chance to take your birdy to work...:)