PDA

View Full Version : Kind thoughts needed for Beetle...

Eliza
08-27-2007, 01:06 PM
This AM I found Beetle on the floor of his cage fluffed up and breathing heavily. I was able to get him to the vet right away.

He's had a significant drop in weight (20%) since his well-bird exam last November. I honestly had not noticed anything wrong with Beetle, other than he was a bit quieter than usual during the last few days... and even that wasn't strange in that it was dreary and overcast. He's often subdued on days like that.

Dr. Kupersmith of the Animal & Bird Health Care Center of Cherry Hill drew some blood and did a swab of his beak. He gave Beetle an injection of Baytil and something else (vitamins, I think -- Dr. K told me what it was but it went in one ear and out the other). I spoke w/ Dr. K at 1pm and he told me that after Beetle settled down from the exam they gave him some fluids and later a small hand-feeding. He said that Beetle was perkier and was pooping, which I guess is a good sign. He mentioned that Beetle's red blood cell count was rather low but his liver function was good.

I'll be calling Dr. K back later this afternoon; Beetle will be there at least this eve.

If you could send some healing vibes Beetle's way I'm sure that he'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

carrier
08-27-2007, 01:16 PM
My thoughts are with Beetle and I pray for a speedy recovery.

linda040899
08-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Thoughts and prayers are coming your way for Beetle! Your quick action may very well be what will save his life.

Please let us know how he's doing!

butterfly1061
08-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Eliza,

I am so sorry to hear Beetle is not feeling well. I will certainly say a prayer for him and for a fast recovery. Keep us posted. (((((Beetle)))))

ittyandrita
08-27-2007, 01:55 PM
I will be thinking or Beetle and i'm glad you were able to get to the vet so quickly. Please do let us know what the vet says this afternoon

LauraO
08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Poor Beetle! I'm glad you acted fast. Of course, we all love him and send him our best.

:grouphug1

Kirby
08-27-2007, 02:38 PM
((( HUGS )))

Kirby, Skittles and I's thoughts are with Beetle and yourself!!!

Let us know what the Vet says!

Janie
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
E, you can bet I'm sending both you and Beetle my best thought and vibes! Please keep us posted. ((((HUGS))))

Screamer
08-27-2007, 04:14 PM
May the power be with you!

Eliza
08-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Update - 5:45pm

Beetle's condition is the same as it was at 1pm, so that's good. The techs were getting ready to give him a handfeeding and will call if there is a problem.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I can't tell you how upsetting it was coming home from the vet's office w/o him... Hopefully he'll be home soon.

Elle
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Eliza,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Beetles. You did a great job taking him in right away! I hope he gets better soon and that the cause of his illness can be found.

Best regards,

Elle

Janie
08-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Thank you for the update.....I'll be checking in first thing in the morning and expecting a GOOD report! :)

dani
08-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Eliza
I can only imagine how you feel. It's a good thing that you found Beetle when you did, and thank God that he is stable. Sending good vibes and prayer your way from me and my flock. We will also be checking in tomorrow for an update!!!

chromasnake
08-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Sending lots and lots of healing thoughts for Beetle from me and my wing friends and calm and soothing and peaceful thoughts to you.

Ilovelovies
08-28-2007, 12:08 AM
I just found this thread..So sorry Beetle's not feeling well. It's good you were able to get him to the vet right away. My thoughts are with you and Beetle and hoping for a speedy recovery.

~Sharon

michael
08-28-2007, 01:15 AM
Thoughts and many many prayers for Beetle. And a big big hug for you Eliza.......Michael and Goofy

Susan27
08-28-2007, 09:41 AM
I am sending good thoughts your way....for you and Beetle.

Estee
08-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Best wishes for Beetle. ***Heal, little birdie, heal!***

BarbieH
08-28-2007, 10:04 AM
((((((Eliza and Beetle)))))

mjm8321
08-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Eliza, I will definitely send lots of positive thoughts Beetle's way. Hope he continues to improve and can go back home with you soon. :grouphug1

graushill
08-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Adding my thoughts and prayers that Beetle will be soon back with you!

(((((Eliza, Beetle))))

Eliza
08-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Beetle passed away this morning :( I made a brief post in the In Memorium section.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts and well wishes.

Ilovelovies
08-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh no, this is the last thing I expected to see when I logged on. I am so sorry Eliza. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and I had'nt even met Beetle in person. (((HUGS)))

~Sharon

Kirby
08-28-2007, 05:35 PM
(((( HUGS )))

That is just so sad.. I am so sorry to hear that it happened...
That's not what we at all expected to happen... and it's scary because it just snuck up on you guys....

nmce612
08-28-2007, 07:44 PM
I am very sorry to hear about Beetle. I know this must be a very hard time for you...my heart goes out to you. :cry:

Buy A Paper Doll
08-29-2007, 07:00 PM
OMG.

OMG, OMG, OMG.

I am so sorry to hear of this. :( :( :( :(

Finnysmommie
08-31-2007, 01:19 AM
I have been gone for a while and was just catching up on the threads and saw this post. I am so very sorry for your loss. I went through the same thing several months ago with Evie and I know it is heart breaking. This may sound silly but I really do believe she is somewhere happy and flying now. My thoughts are all happy ones now of the times that we had together although she is still missed. You will get through this and I hope that you can soon picture Beetle happy and healthy flying somewhere very beautiful and out of harms way here on earth.

Cindy