PDA

View Full Version : Had a big scare

saxypanda
08-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi everyone!! Once again sorry for the long time no posting, just have been sooooo busy. I just had to get this off my chest.. I feel like a bad mommy :(

So Sunday I was in the kitchen cleaning when I hear what sounds like a mouse in the cabinets. So my boyfriend and I went looking for the sound and found that it was coming from between two of the cabinets. I climbed on the counter and found a little hole but it was too small to look into. Well we were thinking of ways to get rid of the mouse or at least trap it until monday when we could contact the office to get someone out there.

The whole time Daisy is FLIPPING out but we ignored her and kept thinking of ways.. we were thinking of dropping some poison in there and right before I grabed it I heard Marley start screaming!!! Thats when I ran over to his cage and he was missing!! Some how Marley found his way over to the kitchen and to the cabinets and fell in the hole! I had to break the cabinet just to get to him. I had no idea how long he was in there cause that morning I had him out playing then asked my boyfriend to put him away cause I had a headache and was going to lie down. Well he put him back in the cage and covered it but never closed the door!

I feel sooo bad that I didn't even think to look to make sure everyone was in their cage and that I ignored Daisys screaming. Marley never made a sound the whole time til the end...the worse of it is I almost killed my baby!! :cry: :cry: :cry: I feel so bad and I would have never forgave myself if something happened to him. :cry: :cry:

Ilovelovies
08-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow, these little boogers sure know how to scare the dickens out of us don't they. Thank goodness Marley is okay!

One time I was busy cleaning around the house and Doodle was shrieking his head off. After a few minutes of this I realized something was wrong because Doodle is always composed :lol . Went over to see what was the matter and there was Ms. Jiggy walking around on the floor (she could'nt fly then). I had forgot to latch the little door that holds there food bowls and she made a jail break.

Doodle had another name from Ms. Jiggy after that...Tattletale

~Sharon

Flapjack
08-28-2007, 10:20 PM
:omg: Oh My Gosh!!!
I'm SO happy he made some noise!!! Don't blame yourself, it was an honest mistake.
Thank goodness he's ok- I'll bet he gets some extra millet for a bit :)
And a little herschey's kiss to you to help calm down. (((hugs)))

Keltoth
08-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Lovebirds sure are good at getting into mischief, aren't they? :omg:

I'm glad things all worked out well and Marley is safe and sound. It seems lke these little guys give their owners at LEAST one good scare. I know some of mine have, and it's made me a better love-papa for it; one good scare is often more educational than a 1,000 essay on The Danger of Lovebirds and <insert danger here>.

I'm sure you won't make the same mistake again - and I'm almost certain your boyfriend won't either... ;)

- Eric