PDA

View Full Version : sleep walking?

ittyandrita
09-10-2007, 10:01 PM
This may be a ridiculous question, but, do lovebirds (or birds for that matter) sleepwalk? The other night I was in my living room watching tv. All of a sudden I noticed a little Baxter waddling in from my bedroom (the bird room is off my bedroom, so he had to walk through it). This was very odd for a number of reasons. First, the lovies rarely leave the bird room. Second, if they do, they fly out and come out as a group. Third, they never move around or anything after they go to bed and this was like three or four hours after bed time.
I picked him up, put him on my couch and offered seed. He just took it from my fingers and let it drop, several times- the first time i'd ever seen him turn down seeds. I decided to just take him back to his bed (a curtain fold) and he jumped right in. Was he sleep walking?? He seemed very dazed and confused after I picked him up, like "what the h is going on and why am I out here?"
I learned that I should keep the bird room door closed, and perhaps now lock them all in their cage? The other two go to sleep in it but Baxter prefers his curtain fold. I guess I dont really know what my question is, except has this happened to anybody else? Will he be pissed if I deprive him of his curtain bed? :(

chromasnake
09-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Wow...my sparrow Birdie used to fly out (he was allowed to come and go freely from his cage) and scold me in no uncertain terms if I was up too late, and my lovebirds vocalize softly at night if they hear me get up for any reason, but your case sounds odd.

Maybe he fell out of his fold and bopped himself in the dark?