PDA

View Full Version : chichi....acting wierd?

tokameaki
09-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi again guys...well chichis a happy bird in his cage...he is always playing with all his toys....jumping from perch to perch inside his cage to play with every toy...I guess that's some exercise there...the wierd behavior is that today when I took him out of his cage....he didn't let me touch him....but I did got very close to him....and then he stared to jump near me opening his wings like he would fly....but he didn't...and he did this many times...jumping close to me and opening his wings like if he wanted to fly...and always he makes this wierd noise like he is eating food when he is not...like his rubbing his beak or something....its a funny noise...like his breaking something with his beak but doesn't have anything in his mouth...he does it before he sleeps...when he takes a nap...even when he sleeps sometimes...he does it when he is out of his cage....my mother says its ok birds do it when they feels comfortable...another wierd thing he does is....he talks to all his toys....I hope u guys can help....thanks

kimsbirds
09-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi again guys...well chichis a happy bird in his cage...he is always playing with all his toys....jumping from perch to perch inside his cage to play with every toy...I guess that's some exercise there.
Absolutely!! As long as his cage is big enough, he should be active
!

..the wierd behavior is that today when I took him out of his cage....he didn't let me touch him....but I did got very close to him....and then he stared to jump near me opening his wings like he would fly....but he didn't...and he did this many times...jumping close to me and opening his wings like if he wanted to fly.
It sounds like he wants to be able to come to you, but just doesn't quite trust you yet...give this some more time, and make sure his wings are clipped.

..and always he makes this wierd noise like he is eating food when he is not...like his rubbing his beak or something....its a funny noise...like his breaking something with his beak but doesn't have anything in his mouth...he does it before he sleeps...when he takes a nap...even when he sleeps sometimes...he does it when he is out of his cage....my mother says its ok birds do it when they feels comfortable..
Your mother is right! Beak grinding is something that lovebirds do when they are comfortable and at ease. Sounds like Chichi is beginning to get used to your home !

.another wierd thing he does is....he talks to all his toys....I hope u guys can help....thanks\
I love when my birds talk to their toys....lovies are full of chatter!!!
Hope this all helps....

tokameaki
09-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks for answering again...I love this forum...well I'm calm now....I was a bit worried...it was wierd when he was jumping up and down near me opening his wings like he wanted to fly...but he never did...he knows how to fly...and he only flies away from me when he is very scare...but I will wait for him to trust me I don't mind...I will feel proud to know that he came untame from a petstore...and he lets me touch him...I love my chichi...