PDA

View Full Version : what does this mean?

Mydoona
09-17-2007, 06:37 PM
when my baby is out of the cage she will stand on one leg and spread one wing,then if I scratch her on the head she will open her wings.Its probably normal but she is just doing it now at 3 months old.

Kirby
09-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Sounds like she might be stretching or does she constantly do it to just one specific side?

I think when you scratch her on the head, her reaction could just be her baby instinct to beg to be fed, or she could be simply enjoying :)

LauraO
09-18-2007, 03:16 PM
This is pretty normal behavior for all birds. I do find birds who spend a lot of time in their cages or have clipped wings do it more. It's really just a stretch. I'm not surprised your lovie hasn't done it much until now as it takes a certain amount of balance little babies don't have a lot of:D .

Kween
09-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Sushi does that a lot too, she'll stand on one leg, spread out a wing, and then slowly swish her up-leg under the wing in both a stretch and a "putting all her feathers back into place" dance. she usually does it two or three times per wing. :D She's such a vain little creature! But the spreading the wings thing, Sushi has never done that although it DOES sound like a beg to be fed kind of behavior. ^_^

thebubbleking
09-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Both my babys do the leg stretch and the leg wing combo stretch:)

Screamer
09-19-2007, 06:10 PM
that is so cute, mine does that too,

beckyg
09-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Luna does that and she is just 3 mths also. I figured that she was stretching because she usually does it when I come over to let her out. Like she is getting ready for me.

ittyandrita
09-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Becky- that is a cute little image of her stretching getting ready for play time with you. All of my birds do it, it always makes me laugh, especially when they make little noises with it.

beckyg
09-27-2007, 12:13 PM
I know, cute, Huh?! I could just eat her up :clap.

carrier
09-27-2007, 12:29 PM
:lol Tooo funny!

Every morning when I uncover Fenway's cage & move it into the front room, she stretches one wing out, combs it with that leg, and then the other one. All of this while squeezed between the top of her happy hut and the top of her cage.:lol

She makes the cutest smacking noises when she does it, too. I kind of equate it as her morning stretches...getting ready to greet the day!:D