PDA

View Full Version : A Moment for Our UK Friends

bellarains
07-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Hi All,

For all of those here that believe in prayer,please take a moment to pray for those in the UK today. We here in the US can relate to what you all must be feeling at the moment, and I just wanted to offer up a prayer that this insanity will be over very soon. I hope all of you and yours are alright. We don't usually pray on this board, but these are terrible times with special circumstances and I hope that I don't offend anyone. I just feel the need to offer prayer, and felt prompted to share my prayer with you all.

Dear Lord,

Please be with all those that have lost loved ones, or have loved ones that were injured today. Comfort them and their families, and be with them in the days to follow. They need your strength now Lord, and I pray that you can be the rock that they turn to in their moment of need. I pray that the end of this terrible time will come soon, but in the mean time if we can just remember that you will carry us through it all, it is some comfort and gives us strength. I pray that your love will touch each and every one of those that are hurting and grieving in the UK right now. Thank you Lord for being there for us all. Through you, we have a love for one another that stretches far and wide.

In his name I pray.
Amen

We don't take the time, or just don't think about saying things sometimes, so I also wanted to take this moment to tell you all how much you mean to me. I really feel we have a family here, and I love you guys :)

mangotiki
07-07-2005, 02:31 PM
You have all been in my thoughts this mornign as I awoke to the terrible news. i will be thinking of you over there in England and hoping you are all safe.

Traci

zlatushka
07-07-2005, 03:17 PM
You are all in our thoughts today. :grouphug:

rachel

BarbieH
07-07-2005, 03:31 PM
We need prayer more than ever at times like this. Thanks, Lori.

I pray that our friends around the world are well and strong today, and that those who have been affected by humanity's crimes against itself will be sent the healing of love.

:grouphug:

linda040899
07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
I agree that we need a lot more prayer, especially in times like this.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with all of our friends here in this community and those in the UK who have been affected by today's tragedy, directly or indirectly.
:grouphug1

butterfly1061
07-07-2005, 03:48 PM
My thoughts & prayers are with all in the UK. I have a co-worker and her family visiting in London and we hope to hear from her soon. :grouphug1

Z28Taxman
07-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Amen! :grouphug1

Janie
07-07-2005, 09:23 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with all people in the UK. I'm so very sorry about this. :(

Paulette
07-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Yes.....Amen......thank you Lori for putting this prayer on the board.
paulette

Keltoth
07-07-2005, 09:53 PM
If our UK folks wouldn't mind, could each of you please chime in on this thread to let us know that you are ok? I'd hate to think that any of the people we talk to every day might have been hurt in the cowardly attacks that took place today... :(

kimsbirds
07-07-2005, 10:00 PM
We watched some of the tragedy today on tv, and it's horrendous. My thoughts and prayers are with those living in the UK, and their families and friends.

Robin VZ
07-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Waking up to the news reports and video footage this morning was quite shocking and my heart goes out to all the innocents that were harmed today. It's hard to imagine there being so much hate to convince someone that it's ok to commit such a cowardly and horrific crime. These acts bring us closer together rather than dividing us.

CanadianOlive
07-08-2005, 12:25 AM
My thoughts and prayers are also with all affected by this tragedy.

Melanie
:grouphug1

Bella
07-08-2005, 05:21 AM
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I live just outside London and work in East London. I used to use Liverpool Street (where one of the bombs went off) and so did loads of my friends, but most of us have moved jobs since then so were out of the way. A few of my colleagues missed the bombs by 15 mins or so and they feel very lucky.

Transport home was a problem, but nothing too bad.

What a change a day makes. The day before everyone in Stratford where I work was celebrating being awarded the Olympics as that area of town is where most of it will take place.

Although I do not work Fridays and am therefore not in work today I hear that the bulk of people will not be cowed by this and are going to work as usual.

We in London offer our heartfelt thanks to our emergency services who did a wonderful job. It has always been "when" not "if" we would be attacked and people have trained for this eventuality, plus we have past experience with the IRA bombings. (Although at least they gave warnings as they only aimed to destroy buildings rather than commit indiscriminate murder.) It seems to have gone as smoothly as it could.

Thank you again for all your concern and we join with you in offering prayers for those who were killed or injured, and their families and friends.

bellarains
07-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Bella,

I am so relieved to hear from you. I knew you were close to London, and I was holding my breath until I heard from you. I am also glad that all of your friends and colleagues were not hurt either.

I hope they find the ones responsible for this senseless act soon. I say senseless, as they just have not figured out yet that this type of action makes us even more determined to put an end to terrorism, and we will never back down. I was totally impressed by all the interviews that I saw yesterday, as this seemed to be the general attitude in the UK also.

Take Care,

Lori

sdgilley
07-08-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm glad to hear you folks in UK are doing okay. When I heard the news yesterday morning, my first thought was of you. I'll keep you in my prayers that no further harm is forthcoming and that those harmed gain healing and peace.

Sasq
07-09-2005, 03:10 AM
Hi all,
I live on the outskirts of London and commute in every day. Lucky i generally get into work for 7.30 so missed the trouble. I go via kings cross daily. The first i really knew about it was when i started getting phone calls from all my friends and family making sure i was ok. The general mood is more one of anger an annoyance than fear - theres no way that any terrorist tatics are going to work on Londoners

Thanks for all your prayers and encoragement.

Steve.

bellarains
07-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Oh Geez Steve,

I forgot you also were that close. I'm so glad to hear that you and yours are alright.

You are absolutely right though. This kind of act only pulls us all closer together, and renews our strength. If their intent is to make us back down, their plan will backfire big time.

TTYL,

Lori

cam98
07-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Hi guys
Thanks for all the prayers i live north of londen and was nowhere near the bombs but my aunt and cousin had a pretty close shave :eek: things like this happen so quickly.