PDA

View Full Version : Sing when they're sleeping ?

archersgreen
09-23-2007, 09:14 AM
:whistle: Is it just mine or is this a lovebird behaviour ? My Fischers (Yogi & BooBoo) sing / chatter / squeak whilst they are having a quick nap during the afternoon. They never seem to do it at night but I'm guessing that's an instinct thing - not wanting to draw attention to oneself during the hours of darkness. However, if they drop off - usually mid afternoon after they've had their lunch, they chatter continuously. It's not even as if they've merely closed their eyes and chatter whilst totally awake, I've checked at close quarters and they're most definately asleep. It's kind of cute and at least their chatter is more agreeable than their lusty dawn chorus and even lustier evensong !!

John

Screamer
09-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi, My lovebird does that too on occasion I think it is very cool.

Z28Taxman
09-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Yep, normal. Ditto is doing it right now. :happy:

ittyandrita
09-23-2007, 06:14 PM
i love the looks on their faces when their eyes are closed and they are chirping loudly. all mine do it :)

Christian
09-24-2007, 07:48 AM
Estrella does it also, and can get pretty loud! I can always tell because he makes more little squeaks and odd little parrot noises when he is sleeping.

mjm8321
09-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Naptime with 100+ lovebirds can definitely be noisy. :lol At first I couldn't believe the volume but now, I actually can get sleepy listening to them nap/chirp.

butterfly1061
09-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh how I love to hear lovie nap chattering! Music to my ears :clap

Pips mom
09-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I think it is adorable too! Pip does this as well----quite a bit! He does it pretty quietly though, chirps and makes the sleepy time sounds! very cute! Music to my ears as well! It actually almost sounds like a very contented kind of chirping sound. He sounds happy when he does it!

archersgreen
09-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. It's good to know that Yogi & Boo Boo - who I'll try and post a pic of in the photo gallery - are not alone with their sleepy chirps. I've kept birds (not lovies) previously but have never experienced that behaviour.

John