PDA

View Full Version : I have a new supervisor!

LoveBugs
07-07-2005, 07:29 PM
lol. Forget me supervising the Lovies out of cage play time! How bout them supervising ME?! lol.

I clean their cages night and by this time, it is almost ready for their bedtime. I know this, because usually by this time, the two monsters are extremely quiet, hiding behind their favorite stuffed animals, hoping probably that I somehow have "forgotten" that their not locked up!

Well, as part of the routine, I clean out the bottom grate, change the newspaper liner, and vaccuum their cages, as well as change all the food bowls out, put in fresh dry food, and hang a little piece of millet in their cage as a night time snacking treat.

Usually as soon as they hear the vaccum cleaner go off, they KNOW I'm cleaning their cage, so I can always look up at the stuffed animals to see two little adorable faces staring at me. It has become like a game; as soon as I'm done, I see two little butts scurrying back into hiding, where I have to pick up the stuff animals, offer Ms. Lily my arm (She's scared of hands still) so she can hop on for me to put her in, her cage and PP trying to smush himself in the corner. PP makes me pick him up with both hands, and I give him a kiss on top of his head and put him in.

Well, today while I wa cleaning out their cage, (Tonight I was scrubbing poop off the grate) I looked on TOP of their cage right above my head, to see Ms. Lily cocking her head to a side staring at me as if to say "You missed a poop!"

Given how she is NOT tamed and still VERY SHY, it was quite funny and adorable!

Ahhh... How the little things they do just melts your heart!

sdgilley
07-07-2005, 07:35 PM
How cute! They are taking over! So, did you get that poop cleaned up right this time? :lol

bellarains
07-07-2005, 07:42 PM
LOL,

That's probably exactly what she was saying :rofl:

Sounds like Ms. Lily is starting to come around. You are interesting to her, and she is observing you. Pretty soon, she'll just have to check you out :)

Cute story!!!!

BarbieH
07-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Watch out -- I'll bet they're planning on making you get a maid's uniform, lol!

Z28Taxman
07-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Cute!

Ditto always supervises me while I clean his cage. Even while I'm scrubbing perches and the grate in the bathtub. He sits on my forearm so he can get a better look.

He even insists on sitting on my shoulder while I vacuum the floor around the cage. Gotta make sure I don't miss a spot.

Mummieeva
07-07-2005, 09:38 PM
baggy sits on my back when i scrub cage in the tub..lol. Sounds like your little one maybe coming around.

Steph

Paulette
07-07-2005, 09:50 PM
(Ahhh... How the little things they do just melts your heart!)
I love it!.....Isn't that the truth.
paulette