PDA

View Full Version : Lovebirds v's Quakers

Jos
09-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm after some advice on the noise level of Lovebirds. I currently own a pair of Quakers (kept in an outside aviary) who unfortunately like to make some really loud screeching noise. Thankfully, my neighbours haven't complained (yet).
In comparision, do lovebirds make the same possibly 'Neighbour complaining' sound as Quakers when kept in an outside aviary? I'd really like to keep a couple of pairs (particularly peachface's) in my outside aviary. Has anyone had any trouble with the noise level of lovebirds?

linda040899
09-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Hi and welcome to our community!

I have both Lovebirds and a couple of Quakers. There is no comparison in the decibels that each produces! The Quakers are by far the noisier of the two and win the noise competition hands down, unchallenged! Now I'm not saying that lovebirds are quiet. They just are not as noisy as Quakers! :)

Jos
09-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks Linda :)

Pardon my ignorance with lovebirds, but do/can they have a pleasent chatter/chip/whistle etc? I understand that when they're upset or frightened they may squawk (like any other bird would do). But can they make other sounds? It seems my Quakers can only squawk or screech, they don't really have a pleasent sound that one likes to hear first thing in the morning :p

graushill
09-28-2007, 05:28 AM
Hi!
Lovies chirp (kinda like other small birds do) when they're content. Naptime chirping (their eyes are closed and they seem to be sleeping) is both cute to watch and pleasant to hear IMO. Beak grinding, which they also do when they're content, is one of the most soothing sounds there is, to me at least, but I'm a bird nut :).

Gloria

Kirby
09-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Everybirdy has a different content or happy chirp/noise

Kirby was so content last night he was cracking his beak so loud Chris got worried it might fall off. Kirby also does just a tiny mumble when he's alone and content.

Skittles will do the dog whistle, only more muffled. She just opens her mouth and it semi-comes out. Plus she'll look like a baby chicken she get's so floofered.