PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Those in Path of Hurricane Dennis

linda040899
07-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Hurricane Dennis is making his way across Cuba and towards the Gulf of Mexico. At the moment, a definite track once he reaches the Gulf is uncertain but it looks like he will be a category 4 storm with winds in excess of 150 mph. The current course appears like the storm will make landfall in the same area that Ivan hit last yr and those folks are still cleaning up from Ivan's damage.

Prayers would be greatly appreciated!

Elle
07-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I've lived the damages of a hurricane a few years ago. The ones in the path of Huricanne Dennis are in my thgouths and prayers. may you all be safe...

bellarains
07-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Linda,

Will pray that Dennis takes a U-turn, or at least looses some of the severity. Those poor people have been through enough, and I sincerely hope they won't get hit again.

BarbieH
07-08-2005, 12:24 PM
You've got 'em, Linda!

Janie
07-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Linda, we (Atlanta) are expecting the after effects by Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers that you and all of my Florida friends are spared. ((((Linda & Fids))))

Buy A Paper Doll
07-08-2005, 07:30 PM
After having 3 of them hit here last year, you'd better believe I'm watching and praying.

For those who are interested in tracking Dennis, here is the site: http://www.noaa.com/

Buy A Paper Doll
07-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Linda - How are you and the birds doing? It's been cloudy and windy here all day but we just started getting pounded with rain from the outer bands about half an hour ago.

linda040899
07-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi Jennifer,
Birds are doing just fine! Momma fid, however, is a bit exhausted!

This time, I only evacuated half of the aviary, based on what I saw this morning. My thoughts were this. It would not take long to bring in the rest of the cages. The bird room enclosure is not anchored to anything so the sheer weight of these cages will make the enclosure a bit harder for the wind to move. Even with all the wind gusts last September, only one of the acrylic roof panels on the aviary moved at all so I opted to bring in those cages that block the remaining ones from being brought in quickly. I will be up a good part of tonight in case the status here changes. Considering what's been said about Dennis, I have no damage and the wind doesn't seem all that bad on the North side of the house where the birds are located. Other than that, everyone is safe and sound!

shylevon
07-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Oh dear. I was out with a friend only yesterday and I was saying that I wondered how the hurricane season would be this year. And now to hear this.

Hopefully this will be the only one this year, and all will be safe from devastation. You are all in my prayers.

Hold fast, ...once more, into the breech my friends.

BarbieH
07-10-2005, 08:12 AM
How are things going today? How are our friends in Georgie faring?

bellarains
07-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Bard,

Where's Georgie????? :rofl:

BarbieH
07-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Lor;

I think it's next door to Loosian, if it hasn't been fludded yet. ;)

Paulette
07-10-2005, 10:06 AM
I pray safety for all those near Hurricane Dennis.....and the ability to know when its time to go.....
paulette

Mummieeva
07-10-2005, 12:55 PM
We are supose to be getting some bad thunder storms tonight til tomarrow off of the hurricane. Georgia is gonna float away all this rain we are getting.

Steph

butterfly1061
07-10-2005, 04:08 PM
When T.D. Cindy came through last week, the county I live in got hit the hardest. We were even on Good Morning America showing the destruction. I'm hoping the rain we get won't be as bad as they predict causing flooding - again! Hope those in Florida and Alabama are doing ok. :grouphug: