PDA

View Full Version : lovebird necklace

magicbrd
10-07-2007, 12:44 PM
I found this website "earthlydesigns.net" I had gotten an african grey necklace from there a couple years ago. Now, under the new bird designs, she has a pair of lovebirds sitting in a heart. I received it last week and it is really nice. She makes them out of gold or silver. Just wanted to share that. It's the only place I've found where they have nice parrot jewelry. Anyone know of any other places?

Linda and my babies

chromasnake
10-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Her designs are beautiful. As much as I love all the parrots, the redtail hawk is just magnificent.

I normally don't go looking for jewelry so unfortunately, I can't add to the other places list.

But I do know you can make your own inexpensive brooches and earrings and such using the backings/blanks you can get at craft shops, a color laser printer and Shrinky Dinks for laser printers. :) Just make sure you make the printout designs large enough before you bake the Shrinky Dinks since they shrink down a LOT. And then putting some of the powdered glaze (activated with a hair dryer or another brief baking) that rubber stampers use will make a nice lacquered finish.

Of course do this in a well ventilated area, outdoors (a toaster oven works well on a covered porch or patio if the weather is not the greatest) or workshop where any fumes can't reach your birds. I made little promotional things like this for books before I had birds.)

They come out amazingly well!