PDA

View Full Version : I don't know why I didn't think of this before....

Herc
10-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I really don't know why I didn't think of this before... but today we had another bit of a breakthrought!!

Hercules has been really stubborn about trying any fresh foods... I've been putting the same stuff in there on a rotation basis since July (I know, compared to some birds this isn't a very long time) and he hasn't touched anything...

the other day I put some pea shoots back in there and he actually pecked at them a little...

well for the last few days I've put sunflower shoots back in, and he, as usual, ran away to the other side of the cage as if in protest, not fear lol and went to his "buddy" (a toy I made him with a chain and on the chain are some leather squares and veggie died circular wood "bead" type things - well he feeds this toy and hides behind it, etc. - so I decided, hey (duh!) why not stick a piece of the shoots thru the chain of his toy and see what happens!?

Well turns out he was willing to try the shoot (making a big show out of OMG It's WET! I gotta wipe my beak, right NOW) when I was watching and when I was pretending not to, started nibbling on it, or so it looked. Now, maybe he's just trying to get this thing off his buddy, but I'll take it if it means he might accidentally LIKE it! lol :happy:

linda040899
10-14-2007, 02:11 PM
That's just too funny! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The things we go through trying to keep our lovies happy and healthy!! :lol

Herc
10-14-2007, 02:16 PM
ya, they make fools outta us that;s for sure :rofl: :rofl:

pics to follow

Herc
10-14-2007, 02:57 PM
here's the little guy trying the shoots!! :clap

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee47/memberoftheflock/Sunflower_shoots/

if you look closely u can see the green left on his beak :rofl:

(sorry they're not perfectly clear - but you'll get the gist :) )

Janie
10-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Well whatever it takes to for us to get more photos of Herc.....I'm all for it! :D

That is just great to see him nibbling on the shoots! I think you've outsmarted him! :clap

Herc
10-14-2007, 04:35 PM
:lol

yep I think I might have... :lol

While he was in the mood to try the sprouts and actually tried them from my hand for a change he also "attacked" a snap pea, and I think he actually liked it, but pretended not to, 'cuz I was watching of course. :rofl:

god birds are sooo funny :rotfl

butterfly1061
10-14-2007, 07:33 PM
That's too funny! :lol LOVE the pics!