PDA

View Full Version : New Baby Here

bellarains
10-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi,

Some of you knew I was getting a new little one from Linda, and little Slater got here Saturday. His flight was an hour late, and had us both on edge, but safe and sound he arrived, and what a little sweetie pie he is:)

I will post pics, (I promise), as soon as I get a new battery for my camera. I do have pics on my phone, and can send them to anyone who wants me to(Janie, get a picture phone;) )

First, I did not quarantine, reason being, Slater came from Linda who has a closed aviary. There were no other animals on either of his flights, so literally as Linda put it, he came from her house to mine. That said, he and Bela are getting along fairly well. They are in seperate cages, but they have time out together, and Bela just wants to kiss him. Slater is not too sure of Bela, but he's warming up fast, and follows him around like a little puppy:)

I will get those pics, and let ya'll know how all is going. Just wanted to share my happy news:)

Janie
10-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Lori, send that picture to Sam's phone!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see him, I know he's just precious and I'm so happy for all of you, especially Bela! Love the name, Slater! Fingers crossed that they'll be best buddies very soon. :D:D:D

LauraO
10-15-2007, 09:07 AM
:happy: :happy: I'm glad to hear you and Bela have another lovie in your life. You can never have too many:rotfl .

What mutation is little Slater?

bellarains
10-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Janie,

I'll send that pic:)

Laura,

I'll probably get it wrong, but....... W/F American Cinnamon with a double dark factor???? Linda can tell ya better. All I know is he sure is cute:)

Elle
10-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Congratulations Lori! I'm so glad to hear you have anew buddy for Bella!

butterfly1061
10-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Oooo, Oooo, send me a phone picture! PLEASE!!!!! :clap I bet he's just adorable. How old is he?

Janie
10-15-2007, 10:31 AM
I've seen him and he is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! Precious, precious, precious! Sam showed me the photo the second he walked in the door from class. :D

bellarains
10-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Jackie,

Pics on the way, and Janie, I sent ya one more:)

Can ya tell I luv him already?????:happy:

linda040899
10-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Slater is a WF American Cinnamon Slate Peachie. He will have a parchment white face, kind of medium coffee colored feathering, tan flights and grey rump feathers. It's a beautiful mutation and one you don't see too often, particularly the male gender.

When Slater left his parents' cage, I didn't have a separate cage for him so I opted to house him with Sunset, my 17 yr old male Lutino. Sunset is very gentle and loves youngsters! To Slater, Bela is the splittin' image of Sunset........

I will admit to being on edge during the entire flight. The flight being late sure didn't help matters one iota but Slater had an overabundance of food so I knew he would be OK. Continental doesn't have live shipment approved planes going into Tennessee so I used Delta Pets First and I think they did an excellent job! The only thing I don't care for is their temperature restrictions (55F or above/85F or below) that apply to each stop their plane makes. Slater went from Tampa, changed planes in Cincinnati and finally went to Nashville. I won't ship through Atlanta unless there are absolutely, and I mean absolutely, no other options! I will ship to Atlanta but refuse to do connecting flights out of there!

butterfly1061
10-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Lori,

Slater is gorgeous! I just love that sweet little face :D Awww, Linda, if you shipped through Atlanta, Janie & I could go babysit for the layover ;)

Janie, Did ya see... Linda said she would ship TO Atlanta. Hmm... Whatcha got left Linda? :lol

linda040899
10-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Janie, Did ya see... Linda said she would ship TO Atlanta. Hmm... Whatcha got left Linda? :lol
I have a few more that look like Slater with their parents, several OF Greens that I know are genetically males and my WF Creamino hen/YF Blue male have fertile eggs. Yup, I ship to Atlanta.... Are ya interested? :lol

butterfly1061
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Yup, I ship to Atlanta.... Are ya interested? :lolI'm just looking out for Janie's best interest. That's what friends are for. You know she only has three and I don't think that's enough :whistle:

mjm8321
10-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm just looking out for Janie's best interest. That's what friends are for. You know she only has three and I don't think that's enough :whistle:

You are so right. Those poor boys. No girlies to play with! :rofl:

Lori, I can't wait to see pictures of Slater. He sounds just lovely.

Mummieeva
10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
First off congrats on a new beautiful baby. Can not wait to see pictures. Second, I am so glad I am not near Atlanta.lol. No major air-fields near me and I am glad cause the lovebird bug bite is always contagious. I keep telling myself 4 kids,a cat,and one bird is enough.

Steph

Janie
10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
I have a few more that look like Slater with their parents, several OF Greens that I know are genetically males and my WF Creamino hen/YF Blue male have fertile eggs. Yup, I ship to Atlanta.... Are ya interested? :lol

You know I told you a few days ago that I was in the market for 3 hens! ;)

Seriously, that little one, Slater, is just precious and I would not hesitate to add another male, any color, if I could be absolutely positive (on the Bible, under oath) that it would not mess up the harmony my three boys currently have. I know, I know, that's not possible. :rolleyes:

Linda, I can only imagine what a nightmare it would be for a bird to have to change planes in Atlanta. Heck, I'm not sure how humans manage that and I'm always relieved that when I get here, I am home! :D

Janie
10-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Second, I am so glad I am not near Atlanta.lol.

Steph

Steph, who are you kidding???? You'd have to live IN Atlanta to be any closer! I passed by your exit yesterday on my way back from Knoxville and you are only a stones throw from Atlanta. :D

linda040899
10-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Janie,
Before I moved to FL in 1990, I took a long week-end to kind of check things out here. My journey started in Allentown, PA and there were many delays because my connecting flights encountered weather problems in Newark, NJ.

I flew into Atlanta from Philadelphia and checked in, just as I should have. Layover time was supposed to be about an hour but it turned into more than 4 hrs. Inspite of the fact that I had checked in, US Airlines had no idea that I was even in the airport! I was actually "missing" for the entire time I was there..........:rolleyes: If they can lose a human in that airport, I can only imagine what could happen to a tiny lovebird!!

butterfly1061
10-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Janie,
Before I moved to FL in 1990, I took a long week-end to kind of check things out here. My journey started in Allentown, PA and there were many delays because my connecting flights encountered weather problems in Newark, NJ.

I flew into Atlanta from Philadelphia and checked in, just as I should have. Layover time was supposed to be about an hour but it turned into more than 4 hrs. Inspite of the fact that I had checked in, US Airlines had not idea that I was even in the airport! I was actually "missing" for the entire time I was there..........:rolleyes: If they can lose a human in that airport, I can only imagine what could happen to a tiny lovebird!!Linda, that's bad! :lol I haven't been to the airport in years and I live closer to it than Janie. If we travel anywhere, we drive!:rolleyes:

bellarains
10-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Janie,

We did discuss Atlanta, but Linda did not want to do that if there were any other options. We did say though that if Slater did get lot in Atlanta, his Auntie Janie would be at that airport raising all 10 kinds of HE11 until you had him in hand though:lol

Seriously, I know you would have:)

Eliza
10-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Slater is a WF American Cinnamon Slate Peachie. He will have a parchment white face, kind of medium coffee colored feathering, tan flights and grey rump feathers. It's a beautiful mutation and one you don't see too often, particularly the male gender.

Oh, wow... Slater does sound like a beautiful lovie! I am anxiously awaiting photos :clap

Lori -- congrats on bringing a new baby home! I'm so glad that you have one of Linda's babies in your life!

Z28Taxman
10-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Janie,

We did discuss Atlanta, but Linda did not want to do that if there were any other options. We did say though that if Slater did get lot in Atlanta, his Auntie Janie would be at that airport raising all 10 kinds of HE11 until you had him in hand though:lol

Seriously, I know you would have:)

Yeah but she wouldn't give him back. :rofl:

Flapjack
10-16-2007, 05:46 PM
:clap Woohoo!:clap
Congrats on the new baby... looks like there are alot of us doing the quarantine thing. At least I know I'm not alone with all the laundry loads!

thebubbleking
10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Cant wait to see the pics. And boy do i wish linda could ship lovies here to hawaii :D

Jessica
10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
:clap Congratulations on the new baby:clap Slater sounds like he's adorable and can't wait for pictures either.

wilkiecoco
10-16-2007, 08:44 PM
slater sounds adorable!!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo.......................... ...WHERE ARE THE PICS??????????? :( :(

Z28Taxman
10-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Where's the pics already?

:pics:

Buy A Paper Doll
10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Where's the pics already?

:pics:

What Dave said!

bellarains
10-17-2007, 09:26 AM
I do have pics, and anyone wanting me to text them one, put your cell number in a PM, and I will get it to you. I do plan on getting some this weekend, and once I figure out how to download them onto the laptop, I'll post them. We did away with the desktop computer when we moved, so I'm still "a learnin" this one:blush:

Bela and Slater did very well last night. Bela wants to preen Slater, and Slater seems to not have a problem with it. I'm going to see how they do "sharing space" this weekend, and go from there, and yes, I will get pics:lol

Kathryn
10-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Promises Promises

Slater does sound beautiful. I'll check back in later for the photos.

bellarains
10-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey All,

I did get some pics this weekend, but now I have to get them downloaded. I've not tried downloading pics to shutterfly yet, but will give a try this weekend.

Update on Slater and Bela is a good one...... They absolutely adore each other!!!!!! I mean they snuggle, preen, Bela feeds him, and there's hardly been any toe nipping at all. Slater is such a sweetie, and he makes the same trill noise that Lacey made, and I think Bela picked up on that right away. Whenever Slater calls, Bela comes a running:)

Thanks Linda, I don't think there could have been a more perfect match:)

Janie
10-24-2007, 08:11 AM
YIPEE! What a wonderful update, Lori! :clap

If you have success with photos on Shutterfly, let me know how you did it! :whistle:

linda040899
10-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi Lori,
Thanks for the update on Bela and Slater!

Yup, Slater is a real heart stealer if I ever met one! He's been sweet ever since the day he left his parents' cage. In fact, all the offspring from this particular pair have that same great personality! Bela looks just like Sunset (just many yrs. younger) so he feels right at home.

I'm so glad that Bela has taken so well to Slater! :clap

beckyg
10-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures! To hear the description, I haven't ever seen those lovie colors before!! Hurry Up!!:rotfl

mjm8321
10-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Lori, I'm glad to hear the two sweeties are getting along well. I'll not so patiently await the pictures! ;)

graushill
10-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh my god! I had totally missed this thread! I had no idea there was a new member in the Rains household. And from the sound of it (because Lori won't post pictures :whistle: ) a real beauty.

On a more serious note, I'm really glad to read Bela is happy with his new buddy :). Congratulations Lori! I'm so happy things are working out for your flock.

:grouphug:

Gloria

Janie
10-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Oh my god! I had totally missed this thread! I had no idea there was a new member in the Rains household. And from the sound of it (because Lori won't post pictures :whistle: ) a real beauty.

Gloria

Gloria, she sent his picture to my sons camera phone and I can promise you, he is a living doll! :D

bellarains
10-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Trying something new, ya'll bear with me, LOL.

http://mail.charter.net/do/mail/message/view?msgId=INBOXDELIM1104&l=en-US&v=charter

OK, I think it works, click on this link, then press the "Go there now" option, and it will take you to pics of Slater(I hope)LOL

Well, crap, it takes out my password, so this does not work.. I'll get them, I promise, LOL

romeoandjulietlovies06
10-24-2007, 05:27 PM
have you tried posting them on webshots? it's fairly easy to use.