PDA

View Full Version : Is this anything to be concerned about?

marlowsix
10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
My two adult fischers seem fine as far as eating, pooping, activity level, etc. But for the past two days they have been hanging out on the lowest perch in their cage. I've had them for three years and I've never seen them spend much time at all on those lower perches - except to use them to get to the highest one. They are in the same cage as always and I haven't made any changes to the items in their cage either. Is this any big deal?

bellarains
10-16-2007, 10:47 AM
It doesn't sound like anything is amiss, hopefully they have just picked a new favorite spot.

As always though, with any strange behavior, I monitor mine closely for a couple of days. I put plain white paper towels down twice a day to be able to monitor their poops more closely, and just sit and watch them in general to observe any odd behavior.

Hope all is well:)

linda040899
10-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Are they male and female......??? You may be looking at a pair with nesting on their minds. :)

marlowsix
10-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Yes, they are male and female. They had 2 babies about 7 months ago (I kept both of them). But I haven't noticed any of the nesting signs that I saw before...but who knows, maybe that's what's on their minds? I'll keep a close watch - actually, that's one of my favorite things to do.

Jayne

mjm8321
10-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Yep, I was thinking the same thing Linda was. ;)

butterfly1061
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
I'll triple that motion. Daise & Olivia play on the cage bottom when they get "in the mood" ;)