PDA

View Full Version : Thanks...

Blossomfrost
10-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks to some of you-who I am very greatfull to-I have found a aviary near me, so guess what??

IM NOT GONNA GET A BIRD FROM A PET STORE!!!!

To read more about this aviary go to:

http://trueloveaviary.blogspot.com/search/label/Sky

and please tell me if you think this is a good place to adopt a lovebird!!!
(Im thinking about adopting Sky)
Don't worry- Ive finished all of my research-
But I have yet to convince my dad

Please answer me back quick- I dont want Sky to be adopted by someone else!!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Janie
10-17-2007, 03:36 PM
These lovebirds look good to me. I would want to talk to the owners with a list of questions regarding age, if the bird you want is fully weaned and how long, has the bird had full flight (before getting a clip) and how socialized are their birds.

Be sure, when convincing your dad, that you tell him exactly what is involved with being a responsible bird owner. Vet care, the right size cage, toys & perches, and a good seed mix....to start. The initial cost of the bird (I know, I say this all the time) is only a drop in the bucket considering what you'll need to spend on the bird as soon as you get him/her. :)

Minna
10-17-2007, 05:58 PM
I've been watching this blog for a long time, and I agree, they're fantastic. One of the things I love about that blog is that you can see so much of the babies from hatching right through to when they go to their new homes. :) It's a good thing I'm on the other side of the world, or I'd be soooooo tempted, haha.

D: Yeah, it's all surprisingly expensive. I'm not sure what prices are like in the US, but a plain checkup+gram stain is over $100AU, and the various blood tests are $200 per bird.

OTOH, all of their babies get a full vet checkup (http://trueloveaviary.blogspot.com/2007/09/all-babies-vet-checked.html) after they're weaned and before they go home, so how many of the initial tests will still be necessary is questionable, I suppose.

Good luck :D They're beautiful babies.

thebubbleking
10-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Good luck! Can't wait for the pictures:D

Blossomfrost
10-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks!!! Ill post pictures as soon as I adopt one!! (hopefully I will)

Kirby
10-17-2007, 06:42 PM
AWE!!! Sky is JUST adorable.

What big booglie eyes! She will definitely be full of personality!
And I am glad you found a breeder! You will be more thrilled with this bird as you know where Sky came from and that she has been properly weaned and hand raised!!!

Congratulations!

Blossomfrost
10-17-2007, 06:49 PM
!!!!!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:!!!!!!!!

You're right, Sky is way too cute!! And Im really happy 'cause I found a breeder!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:!!!!!!!!