PDA

View Full Version : Wild Mouse with a broken/missing foot

Kumashe
10-19-2007, 07:50 PM

thebubbleking
10-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Mouse or baby rat?
Call your humane society and they will pick it up.

michael
10-19-2007, 10:36 PM
This is very sad indeed as all life is sacred. Personally, if your absolutely sure he's done for and no one will pick him up in a timely fashion, I would find a way to put him out of his misery. Either that or just let things run their course and say a prayer for the poor thing. He could be poisoned, sickly, or already injured by another animal. I would "NOT" handle him in any way as to expose yourself to being bit. Mice can jump quite some distance even if their injured. Maybe there's a reason for you finding him. If not for helping him live or saving him from suffering, then perhaps for the prayer alone. Whichever you decide will be the right thing........Please take care...........Michael and Goofy

Tango's_Mom
10-20-2007, 10:32 AM
I know it's sad but at this point I would put him out of his misery, if there's no one in your home who is able/willing to kill it, I would just put him ina box and take him to a local vet, they should euthanize him for free, or at least that's what the vets I have worked for do. We had a similar case where a womans dog caught a rat and broke it's spine, she brought it in, the vet euthanized it and we disposed of it properly.

Janie
10-21-2007, 11:01 AM
I know it's sad but at this point I would put him out of his misery

I would do the same. Would and have. If I can't, I make my hubby do it.

Kumashe, where in the world have you been? :confused: