Thread: AVIARY QUESTION

Default AVIARY QUESTION

Hi everyone - it's been awhile since I've been on but I could use some help on making the right decision. We are in the process of converting our basement into a small aviary. What in your opinion would be the best flooring for the ultimate cleanliness - we are stumped on should we paint for floor with a special floor paint and have a large area rug - or (and I'm also thinking for extra warmth) should I install indoor/outdoor carpeting? Any suggestions are appreciated!!! Thank you
    Denise

Default Re: AVIARY QUESTION

I would stay away from any carpet and stick to some thing that you can wash and disinfect regularly like concrete, thats what thet use in the parrot refuge and at the breeder where I now get my birds, they also have an outdoor avairy for the non-breeding pairs, you will also need full spectrum lighting and ventilation for an indoor avairy, good luck there is lots of information online.
    Emily, Lola, Blue and the budgies ( Sky, Tango, Maui and Spryte).

Default Re: AVIARY QUESTION

If the floor in concrete I would stick with that. My former bird room has peel and stick tiles on the floor and they worked out wonderful. But the floor in there was wood.Also get a drain installed in the floor to help with cleaning up.

Steph
    Lovebirds fly into you heart and never let go.